Thread: Can someone check my tune?

Tuner in Training

Can someone check my tune?

I have a turbocharged 2005 Ecotec 2.2 Pontiac Sunfire, custom turbo kit, 42lb injectors, T3 Super 60 Turbo, .48ar exhaust turbine, 2.5" intercooled charge piping, HKS BOV.

I been reading alot and asked alot of questions, and alot of people here helped me out last year, and now i finally got the tune where i want it to be, i used to have the problem with cant go richer under boost, so i raised my VE offset from 20% to 33%, and now when im in full 8 PSI's of boost it is around 12 AFR, but im not sure if i suppose to change the VE offset or not.

I just want somebody who is really good at tuning look over my .hpt file to see if there is anything i did wrong or if there is something i should change, very appreciated!

I have 2 issues that im not so sure about:
    First of all, sometimes when iim just cruising 50-60 mph on the highway, not in boost, and i have my foot slightly on the pedal, maybe about 10 TPS, and not changing the pedal position, all of a sudden the car lean out over 20AFR and the car shakes and sounds like if it is bogging out, and i tried to tap the gas pedal and give it some gas but it doesnt really work, so i have to wait like 5-10 seconds and then press on the gas again and everything is back to normal. What kind of problem is this? Is this my spark plugs or my injectors?

Second problem is that i have a lean spike right when i press the gas pedal a little, like if im pulling out of a driveway or a parking lot and i gas it slowly and it is in closed loop, but once i press the gas even 5% TPS, it jumps to around 18AFR, but then if i gas it more, like around 10% TPS, it doesnt spike like that, so i dont know if i should just ignore this problem or what?

But if someone can please help me out with my tune would be so awesome!
    Thanks!

Race Tune.hpt file attached
    Last edited by Lefix; 02-10-2008 at 06:49 PM.

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    #1 sounds like the DFCO (decelration fuel cut off) settings are for a 1 bar mapsensor. disable it or set the threshold very low.
    #2 Sounds like the acceleration enrichment or "pump shot" needs to be increased.

Tuner in Training
    Can you please explain how do i disable the DFCO and how do i increase the "pump shot" ???

I dont have anything under accel enrich, i only have power enrich..

THank you
    Last edited by Lefix; 02-12-2008 at 02:04 AM.

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

Tuner in Training
    What do i change on this DFCO table?

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    set the enable KPA as low as you can. Set disable a little above it.

Your screwed on the pump shot. There isnt anything in there for it/ Maybe try PE enable settings a little lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldturbofreak.com
    #1 sounds like the DFCO (decelration fuel cut off) settings are for a 1 bar mapsensor. disable it or set the threshold very low.
    #2 Sounds like the acceleration enrichment or "pump shot" needs to be increased.
    Thats because it IS a 1bar Map sensor..... I would not advise any of this.... After looking at your tune I would advise you to stop and understand a lil bit more before you cause some serious damage. Leave the DFCO alone! Your VE tables are WAY out of wack.... Also, how did you come up with your injector constant? I bet this thing is running pig rich at idle....

P&P Tuning

Tuner in Training
    Well yeah it is, but it does fine when im cruzing along and its fine under boost, so i dont see where the problem is..

Closed loop is on when TPS is below 20% and that allow it to have a 14.7AFR and when i have the pedal pass 20%, it goes into open loop and by that time im in boost and i run like 12-13 in boost so i dont know what i should change..

I am using 42lb injectors and i got my constant by using the formula:

24/42 X .17800

24 is stock 42 is what i got, and .17800 is stock constant, and it comes out to around .10180 or something and i bumped it up to .11000

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lefix
    Well yeah it is, but it does fine when im cruzing along and its fine under boost, so i dont see where the problem is..

Closed loop is on when TPS is below 20% and that allow it to have a 14.7AFR and when i have the pedal pass 20%, it goes into open loop and by that time im in boost and i run like 12-13 in boost so i dont know what i should change..

I am using 42lb injectors and i got my constant by using the formula:

24/42 X .17800

24 is stock 42 is what i got, and .17800 is stock constant, and it comes out to around .10180 or something and i bumped it up to .11000
    You need to start from scratch..... Put the correct constant in and you also need to understand what you are changing... When you change the VE offset, you need to reduce the % over the tables or else it raises all the tables to the % you changed the offset. I am not trying to harp on you dude, but I really don't think you "get it"... Myself and others have tried to help you in other threads on here and on JBO with this stuff.. Reality is that tuning is not for everybody.. I think you should honestly seek professional help before you do some serious damage to your engine......

P&P Tuning

Tuner in Training
    Hmm, yeah i tuned my car with the .10180 constant and if it is lean or rich that you are worrying then you shouldnt, cuz im running 14.7 while cruzing and around 12 and 13 while in boost.. and i bumped it up to .11000 and i raised the VE because when im at like around 5000-6000 rpm its not rich enough so i bumped up the VE offset and then i minus everything by 10 and then left the high end 130 instead 120..

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

Hmm, yeah i tuned my car with the .10180 constant and if it is lean or rich that you are worrying then you shouldnt, cuz im running 14.7 while cruzing and around 12 and 13 while in boost.. and i bumped it up to .11000 and i raised the VE because when im at like around 5000-6000 rpm its not rich enough so i bumped up the VE offset and then i minus everything by 10 and then left the high end 130 instead 120..
    And at idle you are probably washing down your cylinder walls..... Dude, your VE tables look like a table top! You asked for help/advice, I tried to give you some.. Good luck and I hope it lasts.....
    Last edited by imphat0260; 02-19-2008 at 08:22 AM.

P&P Tuning

Tuner in Training
    Take a log and post it.

With 13 psi from a super 60 and an afr of 13 under boost doesn't sound appetizing.

Before you do alot of damage listen to these guys. I hope your using histograms for making your alterations and not just guessing. Post a log so i can see what kind of KR you are seeing and what not.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by imphat0260
    And at idle you are probably washing down your cylinder walls..... Dude, your VE tables look like a table top! You asked for help/advice, I tried to give you some.. Good luck and I hope it lasts.....
    But at idle its on closed loop so it stays up at 14.7..

My Cardomain

Now Boosted!!!

But at idle its on closed loop so it stays up at 14.7..
    You can not honestly tell me you really know what you are doing... Below are your idle VE and High VE tables... Your idle table is set WAY too high... Your high table looks like a table top... As stated before, I am not trying to "call you out", but you asked for people to look over your "tune"... I have and it it NEEDS MAJOR WORK! If you don't want the advice, don't ask for it.... Hope your "race tune" works out....

P&P Tuning

Potential Tuner
    What would be good reading materails for tuning of this kind?

Quote Originally Posted by relicstone
    What would be good reading materails for tuning of this kind?
    I personally think that Grag Banish's book Engine Management: Advanced Tuning http://www.amazon.com/Engine-Managem.../dp/1932494421 He goes by username eficalibrator .. Great book..

P&P Tuning