Thread: Wont go into PE at wot

Potential Tuner

Wont stay in PE at wot

Ok first off I have the VE table all within 2 to 3% error. Im getting started tunning wot and but the car wont go into PE mode. Commanded AFR starts off fine (~12.8/1.155 until 5200 and 12.9/1.13 on up in PE table) until I go over 4800 rmp them it goes back to 14.63 and commanding 34 degrees of timing. Im in OLSD maf is disconnected. Can someone point me in the right direction as I think im overlooking something. Here is a copy of the file and log. Histo: 6 is AFR and Histo 7 is the VE ratio error. If you look at the PID once I go over 4800 rpm the commanded shows 14.63 again at wot. The WOT run is about a min. in
    Last edited by figsz28; 02-14-2008 at 07:40 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Have you tried setting your enrich table to 1.13 across the table to see if it still does this?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its going into pe right when you command it in the file

You have it set to go into pe mode at 55%tps at 3200 rpms & 45% at 3600 rpms

The scan you show(frame 346) it hits pe mode at 49%tps at 3438rpms.

if you want it to enable differently set your tables up differently.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    The problem im having is that its not staying in PE mode. The commanded AFR jumps to 14.63 once it goes over 4800 rpm at WOT.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Curse of the 98 pcm?

Honestly im not sure, I didn't notice that, guess I had tunnel vision on it going into pe but didn't notice it going out of pe mode.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try logging what gear your in temporarily(the idle spark advance tables have 34* of commanded timing so maybe your pcm thinks your in park for some reason), also delete your maf pid since your not using it and then add dynamic cylinder air so you can at least see what cell your in when trying to tune spark. Also might want to consider logging the pe mode & open/closed loop mode status bits to give you a better idea of whats going on.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 02-14-2008 at 08:07 PM.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for all the input ill try that, but ill have to wait till monday to do that my WB sensor took a dump in the middle of all this But thanks again, ill post up when i get this done