Thread: Tuning ltrims...

Tuner in Training

Tuning ltrims...

Pardon the newbie, but I was looking at the Injector control part and the three options for it. I'm looking to adjust to even out my ltrims so I can start to tune for WOT. Which button are you choosing to do this? I went into the table for Flow rate vs. KPA. Is this the right area? And what is VAC? Thanks again.

Chris

Senior Tuner

Re: Tuning ltrims...

LTrims are the indicator of how well the basic
    air and fuel flow tables match reality as judged
    by the front O2s' switching behavior.

What is the LTFT map like, now, that you want
    to change it? Many causes and many directions
    you can go.

Tuner in Training

the car itself is overly rich. Had .950's at WOT even. i had it adjusted on the old MAF-T and got it right. But now that's gone and onto this. I just picked up the car and wanted to get it running right. The computer is compensating and leaning it out quite a bit at idle. I have to get more data tomorrow when i'm actually around the car so I can start the actual adjusting of it.

Chris

VAC is manifold vacuum. ie. High VAC is low MAP.

we wrote VAC on the axis because just about every other table in the VCM uses MAP, but not this one...

Basically the higher the vacuum in the manifold the more the injectors will flow since the LS1 uses a constant fuel pressure system. Think of it as the manifold vacuum is sucking more fuel thru the injector.

I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

Good info.... ;D

Quote Originally Posted by gameover
    VAC is manifold vacuum. ie. High VAC is low MAP.

we wrote VAC on the axis because just about every other table in the VCM uses MAP, but not this one...

Basically the higher the vacuum in the manifold the more the injectors will flow since the LS1 uses a constant fuel pressure system. Think of it as the manifold vacuum is sucking more fuel thru the injector.
    2007 CTS-V LS2