Thread: Adjusted the Knock learn parameter

Tuner in Training

Adjusted the Knock learn parameter

I changed the Max rpm of the knock learn max rpm to 6600 to match my increased rpm limiter of 6600. It was previously 6400 (knock learn max rpm) in stock configuration (6200 limiter).
    02 Z28 M6&&228/230 112 Cam, Flp Long tubes,&&TNT F1, Borla,Spec Stg3, KB SFC\'s, Lca&&Nitto Drags

Senior Tuner

Re: Adjusted the Knock learn parameter

What is this? Is it perhaps some adaptive timing control
    that runs the interpolation between high and low octane
    tables?

yes it is the thresholds at which the PCM will perform knock learn and adjust the interpolation factor between the HO and LO tables based on the amount of KR detected. If knock is detected the knock learn factor (interpolation factor) will move towards the LO table and if no knock is detected it will move back towards the HO table.

There are whole bunch of other parameters such as learn rate, recover rate minimum KR thresholds for learn to activate, an enable factor that disables learn if the differnce between the PO and HO tables is not very big etc.

The simplest way to disable the effect of knock learn is to set the HO table the same as the LO table.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

" The simplest way to disable the effect of knock learn is to set the HO table the same as the LO table."

If you do this does this mean you have disabled the knock sensors completely (or is it just the adaptive ignition timing) or can they still perform retard during a knocking event?

Is it possible to limit/remove the knock learning in a specific RPM band?

Shawn

Tuner in Training

no the knock sensors are still enabled if you copy your high octane table to the low octane table. The adaptave timing will not occurr though. Your sensors will still pull timing if a knock is heard but no low octane table is there to fall back on if there is a constant knock at a certain period of time. It's not too bad of an idea to replace the low octane table if you run premium gas and the weather isn't insanely hot.
    02 Z28 M6&&228/230 112 Cam, Flp Long tubes,&&TNT F1, Borla,Spec Stg3, KB SFC\'s, Lca&&Nitto Drags

Senior Tuner

It seemed to me the low octane table was, well, pretty
    low for timing; you might want to do something like
    copy the high octane table over and then just subtract
    3 degrees across the board, or something like that. A
    more limited distance to fall but still have some cushion
    for bad gas, since I think KR will only pull 4 degrees
    max? What have other people been doing along that
    line?