Potential Tuner

KR

How much KR is OK to have? This is what I am getting:
    Cell 8 9 12 22
    Knock Retard 0.9 0.2 0.8 0.7
    Knock Retard Events 21 2 24 89
    Timing 27.2 27.3 18.9 25.6

My LTFT's are all negative.

After installing SLP Headers I bought the other Edit and EFLive. I modified the MAFT table to get my LTFT's negative (-3.5 average). COT is off.
    I had the timing advanced about +3 but changed it back to stock. Changing it back to stock did not help.

It looks like that most of the KR Events occur between 15-25 timing.
    I am using LS1 Tuning Data Analysis Spreadsheet for the Data Analysis.

BowlingSS
    2001 Camaro LPM A4 -TSP 233/233 .595/.595 112+2 Torquer Cam,SLP Headers/Y-Pipe/High-Flow Air-Box Lid-SLP Cold-Air Induction Kit-SLP F-Body Smooth Bellows-K&N Air Filter, Etc...

Re: KR

KR=0 period.. dont like it and I avoid it... it if OCASIONALLY... hits it.. oh well I can live with that.. but if it hits it at WOT! no!

Does it seem to happen at a common RPM/load?

Do you have an EGR vehicle with !EGR?

On my vehicle I see around 2 degrees of KR around 3400 RPM's part throttle with a 4400 stall... I can reduce my timing by 10 degrees and I still see it.

Knock sensors arent always accurate.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus
    Does it seem to happen at a common RPM/load?

Do you have an EGR vehicle with !EGR?

On my vehicle I see around 2 degrees of KR around 3400 RPM's part throttle with a 4400 stall... I can reduce my timing by 10 degrees and I still see it.

Knock sensors arent always accurate.
    2001 does not have an EGR. Most of the KR is under load- Cell 12 and 22.

BowlingSS

2001 Camaro LPM A4 -TSP 233/233 .595/.595 112+2 Torquer Cam,SLP Headers/Y-Pipe/High-Flow Air-Box Lid-SLP Cold-Air Induction Kit-SLP F-Body Smooth Bellows-K&N Air Filter, Etc...

Senior Tuner

It's generally the rule that MBT (Maximum Best Torque
    spark advance) lies just prior to onset of knock, for all
    mixtures & conditions. So, if you hit KR, you know you
    have gone past the best performance point. KR is dumb,
    slow and prone to overreact too late. So use it as a
    guide and methodically eliminate it, just barely.

Tuner in Training

I just went thru the a similar thing. I installed JetHot LTs and KR seemed to always occur. My LTFTs were just negative (~ -3). Looking further into it, I noticed the majority of the lower fuel cells were all negative, but higher fuel cells ~19+ all went positive. KR always happened under load. I readjusted my IFR table (below 1 = rich / above 1 = lean / ie. 0.95 mult = 5% richer fuel) My LTFTs ~below cells 19 are now in the –9 range but >19 are just negative ~ -1.6. No more KR.

I had read somewhere else, that it was observed LTs will richen Idle and no load situations. Therefore during load due to accelerated exhaust stream , you go lean until it can be adjusted out. This was supposably more evident with coated LTs due to colder O2s….. Well, I can’t state it as fact but, by running aforementioned, I no longer get KR…..
    2001 TransAm WS6 Mods? What mods?