Thread: How to get rid of Service Vehicle

Potential Tuner

How to get rid of Service Vehicle

Just starting out tuning here...while doing a MAF-less run to check LTFTs I got the Service Vehicle light as soon as I started the car. I disabled PO101, 102, 103...and no Engine light is on ( ie the graphical icon: these I have cleared before), this one is different it is the words 'Service Vehicle'...

Where do I go to clear it? and what might have caused it?

I'm sure its here somewhere but thanks for saving me reading thru all this stuff...

BTW the car ran much better with MAF unplugged, I was getting +13 to 20 thru most cells before, now I am -5, -4 thru 0 after about 1 hr logging.

Reason I started tuning was car has run crappy since adding the Long Tubes. I'm debating about pluggin it back in but I run car year round and we get everyhting from Hot Humid in July to snow and minus temps in Winter. Advice?

Other stuff on car:

02 Camaro SS
    Lid, K & N, Ported MAF, Ported TB, Air box cut away, SLP LT's & Y Pipe, GMMG exhuast

Re: How to get rid of Service Vehicle

Okay, all you have to do is go to the box that says "SES Enabled" is toggled to "Off" and make sure the "Error Mode" is set to "2 - No MIL Light". This doesn't disable the test, so your car will still fall into SD mode. The only way it won't fall into SD mode is if you have clicked on "3 - No Error Reported." At least, that's what I think. Since I have my MAF table zeroed out completely, I'm not gonna test that one

No SES light, no Service Vehicle light, but it still stores the code in the PCM.
    2008 Viper - now with HPToona - 1/4 Mile Shenanigans Here
    11.02 @ 130