Thread: Removing Speed Limiter

Tuner in Training

Removing Speed Limiter

Okay,

I know a solution to set the speed Limiter to something redicioulsy high (like 256) will basically disable it, and you can set the Hysterics to 1 so that it will reenable at a speed you probably will never hit either. (Which is what I have done currently.)

Does anyone know if the real value for the Electronic Throttle Speed Limiter and Speed Limiter should be 0? My LS1 came with a ETSL of 256, SL of 160, and Hysterics of 1.

Has anyone tried a 0 to see what it does?

Do most of the limiters take 0 as a value to ignore?

Also does anyone know the size of the memory space for the limiters etc, or where one could look them up? Obviously if the SL is a byte value, 256 = 0 so....
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

2001 TA ~ 2000 TA ~ 95 TA - Sold ~ 87 FB - Buried in New Mexico ~ 86 FB - Sold

Tuner in Training

Re: Removing Speed Limiter

Okay, curiosity got the better of me, so I put in 0 and let me tell you, that's not the right value. ;D

That kills the car anytime you go over 0 in forward or reverse, so I put it back to 256 for ETSL and SL.

Does anyone still know the size of those memory spaces, or where one can look up the max values for fields like that?

the maximum for those values is 256 mph
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner

Hey, just had a brain fart! : If you are leaving your car parked for an extended period of time, and are concerned of it being stolen ... wouldn't setting the limiters (speed and rev) to 0 be a good safety feature? Hmm, nice idea especially if you might need to leave it parked somewhere for an extended period, say a long party or at an airport for a business trip.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by 12secSS
    Hey, just had a brain fart! : If you are leaving your car parked for an extended period of time, and are concerned of it being stolen ... wouldn't setting the limiters (speed and rev) to 0 be a good safety feature? Hmm, nice idea especially if you might need to leave it parked somewhere for an extended period, say a long party or at an airport for a business trip.
    another good idea...nto sure how 0 would work out but definitly like a 1 or 2 mph setting would be cool, great idea though
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

Yes 0 MPH is a great idea for parking at the airport.

They would have to tow the thing to steal it, then figure out why the hell it would die all the time. ;D

Tuner in Training

That's a riot! I LOVE IT!

Just remember to upload the correct tune before you try to leave the airport when you get back.

Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWS6
    That's a riot! I LOVE IT!

Just remember to upload the correct tune before you try to leave the airport when you get back.
    ...all well and good as long as your laptop is with you AND still has juice.
    2013 Mustang GT

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by SSpdDmon

...all well and good as long as your laptop is with you AND still has juice.
    What, everyone hasn't installed a power inverter in their car? ;D

Tuner in Training

Here's another idea. If you take your car to a shop to get something done to it, like a regular shop e.g. pep boys or meineke (I will never take my car to a shop, except for body work), you could lower the rev limiter to like 2000rpm and the speed limiter to like 50 so they couldn't hot rod your car.