Thread: DTC 1515 - Electronic Throttle position sensor

DTC 1515 - Electronic Throttle position sensor

This code is a pain in the ass. It **DISABLES** your throttle until you clear the code. It's great on the highway...

:soapbox: What idiot wrote this into the OS of these cars? What possible purpose can it serve to disable your vehicle while you are driving??? :kali:

*ahem* Sorry.

Okay, here's the deal: When I hit 125+ map, at ~5400rpm, I hear a thunk, and see this code + reduced engine power. As mentioned, the throttle is then disabled until I can hit the clear codes button.

How do I get around this? WTF does this stupid code mean?

Thanks

Tuner

Re: DTC 1515 - Electronic Throttle position sensor

It's a safety feature. There's a table that says there should not be more than a given amount of air at a given throttle position, if so, something's wrong. I guess maybe it's to prevent the throttle from hanging and disable's the electronics so it will return to a closed position.

There's a table in EDIT that let's you get to it, but I haven't seen it in HPT yet. Maybe it will come out soon. It was labeled something like 1514 DTC limits or something to that nature.

I had this problem with my 03 truck after the blower and cam. This is all assuming you've done something to the car besides basic bolt ons.