Thread: WOT Bogging

Tuner in Training

WOT Bogging

I have been working on a tune for a 2006 Mustang GT Manual, when he installed the CAI and elbow the car began to run very poorly, i have gotten everything up to 75% ish throttle dialed in but at WOT the car feels like it dies, it surges and then sputters

Mods:
    Steeda CAI & Elbow
    Corsa X-Pipe
    Corsa Axle Back

Tune is attached, i am ready to

do u have a log file as well?

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin'
    do u have a log file as well?
    Why yes i do

are you running the stang in open loop?? these ford sensors are really starting to get to me.. Why is there no LTFTs shown?? (*Edit - checked you had adaptive learning disabled)

Try increasing ur MAF values and if you have a WB get some readings. The F150 I tuned was a dog until we got the WB installed, once that was tuned right it felt like a completely different vehicle.

And by looking at your spark, u should be decreasing it a bit around the top, when you command 35* of spark, it always retards it down to 26-27*. This could be another reason why the stang might feel like its bogging.

Some other advice I had been told from Justin@VMP is to change the Pedal POS WOT start to 160 for the F150. This is in the Electronic Throttle. It kicked up the acceleration alot faster then what it did stock.
    Last edited by Mep_q8; 03-15-2008 at 09:07 AM.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    are you running the stang in open loop?? these ford sensors are really starting to get to me.. Why is there no LTFTs shown?? (*Edit - checked you had adaptive learning disabled)

Try increasing ur MAF values and if you have a WB get some readings. The F150 I tuned was a dog until we got the WB installed, once that was tuned right it felt like a completely different vehicle.

And by looking at your spark, u should be decreasing it a bit around the top, when you command 35* of spark, it always retards it down to 26-27*. This could be another reason why the stang might feel like its bogging.

Some other advice I had been told from Justin@VMP is to change the Pedal POS WOT start to 160 for the F150. This is in the Electronic Throttle. It kicked up the acceleration alot faster then what it did stock.
    I'll try this but it feels like the car is flooding like an old carburator

btw looking over ur scanner logs again... ur STFTs are way too high, a respected member of this forum looked my tune and asked why my STFTs were high and they were only at 26.. yours are in the 60s!!

You will need to richen it out. I feel the only way to actually tune these fords properly is with a wideband...
    Last edited by Mep_q8; 03-15-2008 at 07:37 PM.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

The only way to tune any car properly is with a wideband.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah i got a wideband on it and spent a few hours working on it tonight and got it running right, here is the new tune file, please let me know what ya'll think

mind if u post a log up

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

Advanced Tuner
    That works wonders. The stock Mustang POS WOT is like 450, I lower mine to 150.

Tuner in Training
    mind if u post a log up
    I will later