Thread: Bracket Racer in Need!

Tuner in Training

Bracket Racer in Need!

Hello everyone ...I'm a newbie here and fairly new to tuning as well. I bracket race my 2003 Silverado SS. I converted the truck into a "race-only" vehicle that gets trailered to the track and then raced. I want to get rid of my MAF and CAI and just run open throttle body like the stock and super stock camaros do. Can anyone advise me on what I need and how I go about doing this? Thanks in advance...

Tuner
    Speed density (SD / mafless) tune.

Senior Tuner
    from experience I can tell you that MAF/OL was the best solution for bracket racers. It was very consistent, and when it needed to be adjusted it was simple to do.

Tuner in Training

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Can you briefly explain how to do that?

Senior Tuner
    do go MAF/OL? very simple, just set your CL enable temperature to maximum values, and the car will never enable CL.

Advanced Tuner
    So what do you do about the IAT sensor that is in the MAF in this situation?
    Is it just not needed in a race application?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by truckmann
    So what do you do about the IAT sensor that is in the MAF in this situation?
    Is it just not needed in a race application?
    I have heard from others on silveradoss.com that it would need to be relocated to the manifold. I would think that it would not be necessary in a racing application and may even help with consistency if it were removed but I am not sure what exactly it reads and how that relates to engine management.

Tuner
    redhardsupra is suggesting you keep the maf. In that case you wouldn't have to relocate the iat.

Closed loop vs. open loop is only letting the o2 sensors come into play or not. It's not related to having a maf sensor or not.