Thread: Ls7 ????

Ls7 ????

I have several LS7 ??? Hope some of you guys on here can help. I have installed a ZO6 LS7 in my 1932 pro street truck. An am looking for some help.

1-I had to make a air intake it is 4" in dia' and I installed the stock MAF in it. Will that work OK? so say I should use a LS1-6 Mass air.
    2-Speartech reworked the stock ZO6 PCM am got ride of all the junk I did not need. But I am running a turbo 400 tranny. What do you guys think? Is the tranny going to kill my HP?
    3-I am using a weldon 600A external fuel pump with a bypass regulator. I have had two opinions about fuel pressure. 1-set it at 58 to 60 PSI at idle and not hook up the vacuum diaphragm and leave it like that. 2-set it at 50 PSI at idle the use the vacuum to increase pressure to 58 to 60 at full throttle.
    4-I live in Tennessee. Who would be a good shop to take it to to make sure the PCM is tuned right for my truck? Speartech put a power tune in it already,but I would like to be sure I am right on for my truck. I have built custom stainless headers & a custom 4" cold air induction. Other than that it is stock.

Any help would be appreciated.

You should be OK with the MAF. However, you may find that it needs a bit of tweaking to make it absolutely right.

The factory cal is setup for 58 PSI everywhere so that's how I would run it unless you plan on putting some boost in there.

I'll let someone from Tennessee chime in here...
    Always Support Our Troops!

Thanks.

NO one else????

Turbo 400 does suck up some HP over a TH350 or 4L60E series but the 400/4L80E trans is stronger than the 350/4L60E series.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Chas. WV here, not for sure where you're @ in TN? interesting setup tough.

Quote Originally Posted by blucreek
    Chas. WV here, not for sure where you're @ in TN? interesting setup tough.
    Nashville area. I think I have the MAF worked out. I had to put the vette air box on my truck. The 4" dia intake set off all kinds of codes. We tried everything. But the only way I could get it to work was with the stock box. I am sure if I swaped over to the LS1 mass air it would work. But I had the vette setup already.

PM BLOWNZ06. Nick is in your area and should be able to tune it.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    PM BLOWNZ06. Nick is in your area and should be able to tune it.
    Thanks.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bada
    I have several LS7 ??? Hope some of you guys on here can help. I have installed a ZO6 LS7 in my 1932 pro street truck. An am looking for some help.

1-I had to make a air intake it is 4" in dia' and I installed the stock MAF in it. Will that work OK? so say I should use a LS1-6 Mass air.
    2-Speartech reworked the stock ZO6 PCM am got ride of all the junk I did not need. But I am running a turbo 400 tranny. What do you guys think? Is the tranny going to kill my HP?
    3-I am using a weldon 600A external fuel pump with a bypass regulator. I have had two opinions about fuel pressure. 1-set it at 58 to 60 PSI at idle and not hook up the vacuum diaphragm and leave it like that. 2-set it at 50 PSI at idle the use the vacuum to increase pressure to 58 to 60 at full throttle.
    4-I live in Tennessee. Who would be a good shop to take it to to make sure the PCM is tuned right for my truck? Speartech put a power tune in it already,but I would like to be sure I am right on for my truck. I have built custom stainless headers & a custom 4" cold air induction. Other than that it is stock.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hello... got and answered your PM.

As the others have said, the LS7 MAF you are using is the way to go. Fuel system is good the way it is as well.

I am in Knoxville, and if you want the car tuned, I can certainly take care of it.

Is the truck acting funny or something to lead you to beleive it is not right or do you just want to make sure everything is in line?

Look forward to talking to you.

Well we had some issues. But I think we fixed some of them. I will call you later.