Thread: What tables have to changed for 3.42 upgrade?

Tuner in Training

What tables have to changed for 3.42 upgrade?

I'm having the rear end of my C5 vette change tomorrow from a 2.73 to a 3.42. I am also having a yank ss3600 TC installed with it.

I need to know what tables have to be changed to get this working correctly.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner

Re: What tables have to changed for 3.42 upgrade?

Just rescale in the speedometer section, selecting the default to rescale all transmissions tables.

You will then need to drive it around to customise the shifts in 1st to suit your driving requirements. A stally does change how you drive.

Tuner in Training

That's all it is to it? That was easy!

Thanks

Tuner in Training

This didn't help!!! It was awful....all shifts would hang if they would shift at all. It would not let me go WOT.

I loaded Jimmyblues settings and It is a starting point. Thanks JimmyBlue!

Since I had the yank 3600 tc installed the car is not as responsive as it use to be. Idle keeps dropping down. Shifts seem to be hard on the upshift and 3 ->2 seems to lag. If I use performance mode the car acts like it is missing and the idle is rough the next time I drive it. I'm more confused now than ever. Its looking like I'm going to have to get her professionally tuned. I sure hate to pay someone $450 to do something that I should be able to do with this software.

show us your Speedo Table! Maybe one of us can help to see what your issue is.

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by My_C5
    This didn't help!!! It was awful....all shifts would hang if they would shift at all. It would not let me go WOT.

I loaded Jimmyblues settings and It is a starting point. Thanks JimmyBlue!

Since I had the yank 3600 tc installed the car is not as responsive as it use to be. Idle keeps dropping down. Shifts seem to be hard on the upshift and 3 ->2 seems to lag. If I use performance mode the car acts like it is missing and the idle is rough the next time I drive it. I'm more confused now than ever. Its looking like I'm going to have to get her professionally tuned. I sure hate to pay someone $450 to do something that I should be able to do with this software.
    With diff changes thats all you generally need to do. Something else must be amiss. A TC can muck things up too as you need more pedal to go and pedal distance and MPH determines your shift points. Perhaps you are careering through the gears too quickly because your shift points are too low?

Idle is a known problem with TC's. The usual remedy is to raise idle 50-100RPM. Misfires are common too. Welcome to the world of tuning converters! Raising your misfire counts Ive heard sometimes works. I dont have a converter yet so cant help you with real world experience.