Thread: VE Tuning....did it, I'd like to compare results

VE Tuning....did it, I'd like to compare results

Hey all, I finally got my first chance to do some VE tuning....it was interesting.

I just went all the way, and logged the STFTs, disabling the LTFTs. I unplugged the MAF sensor, and the car was a bit sluggish, ran it up to 6k and back down a couple of times.

Then I did some tweaking to the VE tables, reloaded, and the problems started.

The second time that I started the car, the "Reduced Engine Power" light came on, and the engine ran like crap.

To make matters worse, the battery on my laptop, which is far from reliable or accurate, as I found out, wasn't going to last long.

So, "57 minutes" of battery time remaining, I put the program back to stock. While I was reprogramming (two minutes later), the computer let me know that I had "6 minutes" of battery time remaining. Luckily, it finished, and i got the car home.

I did more tweaking to the VE tables, and I've since made some logging runs, and did some more tweaking with the timing, PE enrichment, etc.

Overall, I really like the results, the car is awesome.

There is one thing that concerns me, though.

My average STFTs are less than 4%, with a couple of exceptions, but I have several areas of my LTFTs that are 4-5%.

What really bothers me though, is that I have STFT maximums and minimums ranging from -15% to +17+ in some areas.

I don't know if this is simply the effect of having the MAF plugged back in, but after only one VE run, I'm not about to go tweaking my MAF output just yet.

Anybody have similar experiences, or different?

Thanks guys. John

Potential Tuner

Re: VE Tuning....did it, I'd like to compare resul

can you post or send me a bin of what you used to turn your car into sd mode i tried once following art and my car would not run after trying a few times a said screw it and went back to the tune I had before.