Thread: VCM enhancement

Tuner in Training

VCM enhancement

what is an VCM enhancement? what they mean when they say that the VCM enhancement has to be with the RTT capabilities in your vehicle?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    a VCM Enhancement is a custom operating system using proprietary technology to fix flaws in the stock operating system.

Kinda like a windows patch to XP or Vista, we offer patches that fix GM operating system flaws.

More information can be found here Custom OS's & Their Differences
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

VCM Enhancement

ok, i dont understand. Today i went to the dyno were it was suppose to get tuned, but the dyno guy couldnt connect to the RTT and i waist 3hrs. Explain me what i have to do and the steps, becuase i went to the page that you gave me, but really didnt help because i dont know were to get that enhancement. And my porblem is that ithey were setting the AF ratio and want to do it on RTT.
    Really thanks for your help

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Applying custom operating systems is all covered in our help file http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm_edi...ters_gm_os.htm

Tuner in Training
    But how do i begin or open a stock tune from my PCM if i have nothing on it? ANd do i have to pay additional for the enhancement?
    I have the HPTuner Suite 2.1.18

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You'll want to start with our help file www.hptuners.com/help probably in the Read VCM section. Also the link I posted breaks down the cost of our custom operating systems.

Tuner in Training

ok

Just to learn, How this works without the enhancement is: You use the wideband of the dyno, change the values in the table of the AF ratio and then click Write Data and then check again the AF Ratio with the wideband?

And the diference with the enhancement is that at the same time that you arte changing the numbers in the table, you can si the change in the wideband without having to click the data WRITE DATA or whatever i have to press?
    Am i correct????
    Please i need a bit of help since the guy in the dyno havent work with this program.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Correct.

Tuner in Training

Thanks for your help

Thanks a lot for your help and will contyact again if i have any question

Tuner in Training

help

I talk to the dyno guy and he told me that if he have a way that in the table of AFR it appears a mark on the square were the rev are at that moment so that he can know were to make the changes becuase if not he will have to move all the numbers in the table, and it is real big. Hey please can someone give me a phone number were i can contact someone, becuase it is difficult to explain writing it.Because i have check the webpage and there is no phonenumber to call.

Tuner in Training

Help

do you have some number were i can call and they could teach me how to use it a bit, i can contact them via cellphone with the computer in the car and they can tell me how to get were i want. Because i bought that product and didnt know that it doesnt come with instructions on how to use it specifically. I am just trying to understand the basic and how to connect and get to the tables just to tell the dyno guy. Because with all the programs he have work comes with tables that marks were the afr in the wideband is marking at that moment.
    Will appreciate your help

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You might strongly consider purchasing the tuning schools at home package http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16606 which is aimed at beginners like yourself

Tuner in Training

jaj

Hey i was just trying to get some type of help, how would i consider paying $450 for some instructions, i already paid almost $500 for the computer that didnt bring a simple thing like some basi instructions. And in top of that i have to pay for the dyno guy.
    If you people dont want to help me, can you give me some other company that would take the time, just 30mins to help me.

Tuner in Training
    And can you give me at leat a number were i can call to order an PCM enhancement?

Tuner in Training

help

DO this system,hptuners, works very similar to SCT Flash programers?

We're here to help but you have got to find some time to sit down and read on this forum. Also read the help files and watch those videos that bill put together. Reading all you can stand to read is the key to mastering HPTuners. It is a Do-It-Yourself package pretty much. If you dont feel like editing everything by hand, perhaps a handheld is more your speed.

Also, referring back to your question, there is no number to call to get an enhancement. The button to get any available enhancements is right there in the editor just a click away. The majority of support is based upon the members of this forum. We constantly maintain a community that helps each other out so that the creators of HPTuners can focus on major issues like R&D, or if you've completely botched up your VCM @ 2am they may be able to help.