Thread: stupid car dies at hi rpm

Potential Tuner

stupid car dies at hi rpm

anyone know what might cause this?

i include my log file from the run i did where it died twice...

also included is my tune file...

just a few weeks ago finished the 6speed conversion. i have a 95 Z28 with an LS1/A4 conversion with 6-speed conversion.

My only thought as to what is causing my problem is water in the o2 sensor plug again or water in the crank pos sensor plug....

no idea unless you log the idle parameters needed and list the mods.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Potential Tuner
    no idea what you mean by log the idle parameters needed

mods are:

edelbrock shorty headers, tsp rumbler catback, no cats. rear o2 sims(even though i turned em off)

Fully Built T56 centerforce clutch, 3.42 gears

LS6 intake. custom routed intake, SLP 85mm MAF.

and i'll be more precise with what it's doing...

hi rpm, WOT or no WOT, car will stutter, backfire, then when i release the throttle will backfire again on the way down and die instantly. push in the clutch, start er back up go on my merry way.
    normal driving no prob. so long as i don't hit it hard and fast. only happened after i drove the car in the rain. hence my thinking on it being water in a plug...

Don't worry about the idle stuff, this is not related then.

The o2 sensors are reading very lean, almost zero at the point where it shuts off. Do you have a WB?
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Potential Tuner
    no $$$ for a wb...is it both sensors or just bank 2? that's the one i had to replace a month ago because it shorted out due to water in the plug....i wonder if it's related.

if you go WOT, the o2 sensors do not do anything but you may have + trims for WOT.

Save on tuning until you get a WB. This is a must and should be required to have one before purchasing the tuning software lol You can get them for $200ish

I have to agree and would suggest you stay away from WOT because as suggested above if you look at the logs based on the O2s and dynamic cyl air with respect to MAP I would suggest that you are dangerously lean and if you keep going you may do serious damage if there hasn't been any already.

Your LTFTs are very very positive as are most of your STFTs prior to getting a wideband at least use the STFTs to model the lower half of the MAF curve. Ensure there are no exhuast leaks or other mechanical issues. Have a read of the stickies and you'll find out how to do that and then when you get a wideband you can do the WOT.

The lean condition will if not completely cause the dying will be a large contributor.

Tuner in Training
    My Car is doing the same thing
    Today im going to replace the MAF and see if that fixes it
    And also one thing to add is im new to this tuning so my tables might not be right either but i am also getting a W/B before i do any WOT pulls

Tuner in Training
    Maf didn't fix