Thread: Help.

Help.

I've been trying to tune it into SD and have had a variety of beginner's problems. First, the overdrive on my auto tranny now slips because I screwed up and took off shift tq management, i have it back now and the other gears are fine so i just drive around in 3 at the moment instead of d.

Anyway, things are alright with the engine overall and the car is running extremely strong for my mods which are cutout, lid and !MAF + the tune. I am, however, unable to remove the MAF reading from the scanner - it stays on at all times, even with the stock tune (which should pick up the fact that it isn't there under the hood) and for this reason, i think, my g/sec airmass readings are topping out at around .40/cyl in the spark advance histogram. How do I make the computer quit factoring in a MAF reading of .31 or whatever? I had the table zeroed and it picked up a reading of 0 to average in there.

This has to be screwing up my spark and doing god knows what to my gas mileage but I can't even get it to set the SES in the stock tune, and the sensor itself is in a garage about 20 miles from here so I know that isn't what it is. I've followed the steps in the help section and searched on here countless times, anybody got some advice?

I've done this before, several months ago, and the MAF needle disappeared from the gauge in the scanner and no reading was listed for it. How do i make this happen again?
    Last edited by richard head; 07-06-2008 at 10:57 PM.

Delete Maff.

Hi mate, in newish to. Are you talking deleting the maff from the editor or from the scanner. If you mean edditor have you set your SES light to 2 - no mill light. Or if you mean the scanner simply click on the Maff pids that you must have in your table and delete them and save as a new config MAFFLESS.
    Hope this helps, ben.
    350VUSSSS inductions 88millTB, 25% underdrive pully, high lift roller rockers, Maffless cold air intake, 2 1/2 inch try y headers 3 inch exhaust, upgraded plugs and leads.

First of all, topics need more than "Help" written for a title.

You need to manually remove the MAF pid, I suggest reading some stickies and how-to articles.

You need to post up scans and tunes when you ask for help like this, otherwise we are shooting in the dark.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Well, I spent about four hours messing with it yesterday, set it to SES and today I got my SES on the way to work so it's all good. Just had to have two errors first and I was just turning the key once.

-D