Thread: 2 bar full SD tune.

2 bar full SD tune.

Hi guys, havent been tuning to much at all. But as I previously encounted lean conditions. I have replaced my fuel filter and plugs, half a fix then I thought that when I decided to go maffless I hacked my way to a tune with using the existing 1 bar sd tune. With the maff failing Im not sure if my afr is correct or not. I have a wideband and adjusted my ve to suit. So with my lean conditions i also decided to spend the measly $90 and relicence my car now with a two bar full sd tune.

However I was told that i could use the direct replacement from vcm suite plug it in with my existing tune. and basically the car wont know that it now has the two bar sensor.

Which brings me to my next point, with my tune and the 2 bar i am getting an afr error of like +40% in the idle cells. With was a battle because I could only get the car to run for about 3 seconds till it would die, as i didnt have to much time to spend I coppied and paste specialed my error about 3 times and could get it to run for about 10 seconds before dying.

But i dont like the results. in the end I had over 100 i dont know (gsec?) in my VE in a couple of the 400 to 800 rpm cells. That cant be right!

No DTC either, no to bar sensor and it runs smoothe and starts first go again.

I must be overlooking something.

My current 1 bar tune attatched, unfortunatly I didnt save my short scans or modified tune as I thought that it looked worthless.

Thanks guys ben
    350VUSSSS inductions 88millTB, 25% underdrive pully, high lift roller rockers, Maffless cold air intake, 2 1/2 inch try y headers 3 inch exhaust, upgraded plugs and leads.

if you are sitll running a 1bar MAP sensor with a 2bar SD file you need to change your MAP Linear value back to 94.43, under Engine Diagnostic
    I count sheep in hex...

Maffless

Hi mate, I do have the 2 bar mar sensor, and I will also be upgrading my licence for the 2 bar full sd. But I was just told that I would be able to plug the 2 bar sensor in tempoarily with my existing tune, since my current setup is maffless and my car would still run.

I just dont want to have to plug, and unplg the sensors to many more times. I have enough credits to do the 2 bar.
    cheers ben
    350VUSSSS inductions 88millTB, 25% underdrive pully, high lift roller rockers, Maffless cold air intake, 2 1/2 inch try y headers 3 inch exhaust, upgraded plugs and leads.

Wait, you are running a 2 bar map on a 1 bar tune??
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

this thread is headed in a bad direction
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

2 bar

Hi guys, I am for the sake of it trying to run a 2 bar tune with the cars current 1 bar os. only because i was told that it was possible.

Sorry i wasnt specific, i didnt think that my question was car specific.

So your saying that the current os and the 2 bar sensor arent compatible right?

I wil licence my car for the 2bar and post my tune.

Yeah, license the 2 bar file.
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Post No power button with 2bar tune.

Hi guys, spent quite a few hours ironing problems in my tune to run the 2bar. I now have a full 2 bar tune in my car and the 2 bar map sensor, atlast. The car starts and runs a bit smoother i think.

In my editor dtcs I have set the p101,02, 03 codes for the maf to no mill as they were before and if I set them to 3 no error the car runs like a dog. I thought that I would not be throwing these codes with the 2 bar?

But car runs with them set at no mill.

One other thing is I no longer have a power button?

I have tried all the auto switch options.

I will attatch my current 2 bar tune, and my first 2 bar scan.

I want to be clear in my tune; im not sure what switch option is in this file, as I tried all switches and saved after each write, but I know in my other tune it is set at one switch and i had a power button

Thanks guys ben
    Last edited by bensvuss; 07-08-2008 at 04:00 AM.

You MUST throw those codes to go in SD. Set them to 2.

no powerbutton

Thanks mate left them at 2, how come I have no power button anymore?

Thanks mate cheers ben

what do you mean by power button?

tow/ haul button

Hi mate, THe tow or haul power button on the auto gearbox, will no longer work?

ah, not too sure about that one.