Thread: Slippery A4s, no tow/haul

Help me Russ.K

Hi guys, As some of you will know ive been working on upgrading my tune to a 2 bar full sd tune for my ute.

Im having trouble with my a4s as my power button has now gone and i no matter what the switch is set at should be "one switch like my old tune" I cant get a power tow/ haul button?

And my gearbox slips big time with my previous settings which work well untill you 2 bar the car. I cant get it out of my driveway, your doing like 1000rpm and the speedo says like 60?

Has anyone got any ideas. my 2 bar tune is attatched first and my old sd tune is attatched second.

Thanks guys,cheers ben
    Last edited by bensvuss; 07-15-2008 at 05:51 AM.
    350VUSSSS inductions 88millTB, 25% underdrive pully, high lift roller rockers, Maffless cold air intake, 2 1/2 inch try y headers 3 inch exhaust, upgraded plugs and leads.

Senior Tuner
    If the trans is slipping the first thing to look at is
    the Delivered Torque - Trans readings. These run
    off airflow pretty much. If you look at WOT values
    for it, do they agree with what you saw before the
    2-bar changeover and what you expect from the
    motor? About 1 lb-ft per cubic inch (metric, it's too
    early in the AM here) at least?

Then comes the question of whether the motor torque
    model is any kind of accurate once you change the
    airflow related components, and whether in leaning
    out the operation you push the airflow so artificially
    low that the trans is being told a weak torque story.

You pretty much have to just take what the Delivered
    Torque says, and modify the trans shift and base
    pressure settings for it to suit. If you do not have the
    base (holding) pressure tabs on your model then the
    Force Motor stuff is what you have to fall back on.
    Most likely you need to work on the low end of this,
    monitoring for slip in gear (by the output / input shaft
    ratio, vs nominal ratio for the gear) and bumping up
    pressure (reducing current at the indexed cell) until
    slip is reliably gone.

You might be able to accumulate data for actual
    force motor current and commanded line, in stock
    and 2-bar tunes, against the Delivered Torque PID
    and TPS/RPM/MAP and use this info to re-justify
    the commanded line (trans base pressure) or force
    motor tables to get applied pressure at the same
    load-point. Tedious but can be done methodically.

2bara4 missing parameters when compaired to 1barsd.

Thanks for your help, altough im still alot lost.

I have noticed that quite a number of parts in my editor that are new to the 2 bar can not be coppied and pasted to the new tune, and there is neew parameters in the 2 bar format, could have something to do with why gear box is not correct. It is like im missing cruitial tune information in a few areas and this is causing my lack of a tow haul button as previously descrided.

Is anyone familiar with two bar tune settings, car is fine 1 bar sd?

I need some guidence to fill the incomplete parameters. Tune is still current 2bar in this thread.

Thanks guys cheers ben
    350VUSSSS inductions 88millTB, 25% underdrive pully, high lift roller rockers, Maffless cold air intake, 2 1/2 inch try y headers 3 inch exhaust, upgraded plugs and leads.

Help me Russ.K

Hi russ, I have posted in the gen3 trans section. Do you think that you could help me out I have a trans clutch slipping problem that happens when i use my new 2 bar tune.

Can you help me?

Thanks russ, cheers ben.

Not sure why the 1 bar tune is for a A4 trans & the 2 bar tune is for a manual trans. Also the 1 bar tune is from a different year than the 2 bar tune.

Russ Kemp

sorry russ k.

Hi russ, i had written over my stock os with a sd os so i couldnt licence for a 2 bar. Greg gave me another stock tune to use. sorry for the confusion my car is auto and i copied my tables to that file.

That explains why theres no tow haul button if its set to be a manual. I hope that you can steer me in the right direction. Thanks russ.

Help me please Russ.K

So, are you saying then Russ that i cannot run the 2 bar os because it is out of a manual of a different year.

If i can use it can you please guide me through the changes to change it to a auto, I obviously have a licence for this file.

Im lost, and it has been a nitmare, I wont run you through my problems. Fuckin greg, can you please help me.

I know your the gearbox guru.

Thanks russ, cheers ben.

Why can't you apply the 2 bar OS to your stock tune? A manual OS isn't going to work in a A4 car.

Russ Kemp

Wasted 4 credits now.

Hi russ, when i first got vcm suite. I accidentally relisenced my car for a 1 bar sd enhanced os over the stock file and cannot rewrite a 2 bar os over it. What a goose ha. I thought that it was a waste of a credit at the time and was spewing, now greg gave me a new stock file and ive licenced that and also applied the 2 bar over that and now wasted 3 credits im farkin pissed off with greg.

Thanks for your help russ, I will ring greg and get stuck into him as he knew that my car was auto.

Thanks russ cheers ben.

Maybe support could remove the 1 bar OS & apply the 2 bar OS to your original tune? If not, then have your car flashed back to stock with a Tech II.

Russ Kemp

call Greg and ask for the correct file and some credits for the ones you wasted on his incorrect file.
    I count sheep in hex...