Thread: noone seems to know on ls1 tech

noone seems to know on ls1 tech

I posted this on ls1 tech and no reply i was wondering if anyone here has any ideas.
    I have a turbo v6 firebird with a 3800 i am looking to swap it all out to a 05 5.3l truck engine most likely with the 5.7 build up of 99mm bore. I will be twin turbo'ing the setup with two garrett gt35r's what i am wondering as far as the pcm tuning goes will it be possible to adapt the trans the computer was set up for to my 4l60e trans. Also will the electronic throttle body on the new computer cause me headaches. I am doing alot of investigating before i buy the k member and any info would be helpful. I use HP tuners for everything. I was thinking bringing the 5.3 tables out of the computer would be very similar to a ls based car so a automatic ls1 powered say 00 t/a would write over fairly easily and then from there just work the throttle body issue out.

The tranny will be an issue given the .400 recessed crank in the LSX. I don't know what tranny you are connecting to though.
    I do Vortech swaps at my shop into older vehicles quite a bit. I recommend getting rid of the drive by wire and getting an older computer for a 100 bucks and a throttle body for about the same from your local salvage yard. The DBW pedals are a PITA to install.
    2005 Chevy Crew Cab s/b
    Vortech blown 5.3/air to water IC/finish line 4l80e/ stall / Running on E98 ethanol
    2008 Silverado- Vortech VL Twin screw supercharger. SEMA 2008 Vortec Engineering Booth

Tuner in Training
    adapting the 200-4R , you'll need crank spacer GM part# 12563532. it extends pilot portion of the crank so the converter is supported. you'll also need the corresponding bolts: GM part # 12563533, qty.6. $70 should get you everything. Double check converter endplay when done.
    99 silverado z71, 6.0

the transmission is a 4l60e i am adapting to.

Advanced Tuner
    what tranny are you changing from???
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

the firebird has a 4l60e right now and is powered by a v6 i want to adapt the casr to a 5.3 truck engine and still use the 4l60e trans