Thread: A/C Fan question

Advanced Tuner

A/C Fan question

I have a question about the fan enable/disable speed parameter. Their is a Fan 1 Enable Speed and a Fan 1 Disable Speed. The first part of the description of each is easy enough to understand. It says 'if the a/c is on fan will enable below this speed' and 'if the a/c is on fan will disable above this speed'. The second part of the description is a little confusing. For the enable speed parameter it says 'fan will not enable above this speed if coolant is hot'. For the disable speed parameter it says 'if fan is on, it will disable above this speed if coolant is hot'. First question is, what does 'if coolant is hot' mean? What temperature is considered hot? Second question, both of the second descriptions say the same thing basically, fan will disable above this temperature. Does this mean the fans will turn off even if the coolant temperature reaches the Fan 1 & Fan 2 on temperatures?
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

Advanced Tuner
    Bump, someone's got to know this...
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

from memory its designed to prevent the fans operating when the vehicle is moving at higher speed, because the fans are not needed.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    So if I set the enable/disable speed to 30 and the a/c is on, the fans will run below 30 and shut off above 30? What happens if I'm driving above 30 and the ect reaches the fan 1 on temp, will it still turn on?

Thanks.
    2005 Grand Prix GTP
    My CarDomain Page

To the best of my knowledge, your fans will not come on if you do that and encounter that situation. Your fans MIGHT be on a low speed below your criteria and above your criteria, however, if it is, that's likely some sort of override that forces the fan to be on low when the A/C is turned on. That's how my fans reacted when I played with the "Class 2 enable / disable" feature for the fans....Which reminds me, I have a new thread to start about that :P

Krunch
    2002 Monte Carlo SS "Project Intimidator"

[*DHP PowerTuner*] [L36] [180 TStat] [ZZP HVTB] [HV3] [Resonator & U-Bend Delete] [Carsound Hi Flow Cat] [Corsa Catback] [P&P OEM Manifolds] [Precision PT61] [ZZP Trans] [3000 Stall] [2.93 Gears] [F-Body Calipers] [Water-To-Air IC] [AFCO Ford SVT HE] [IAT Post-IC] [Bosch IC Pump] [9.5L System Fluid Capacity]