Thread: B&B LDV100P1 - J1850VPW to RS-232 Converter

B&B LDV100P1 - J1850VPW to RS-232 Converter

This is the hardware needed

It supports 4x transfer... all we need to do is come up with the communication protocols/software..

Anybody interested in starting up an open source project for this? I don't have much time for this but perhaps some others would like to try?

The reason I start this post is because my current method is removing the flash chips.. It's getting old very quickly. I cannot do it with 100% consistancy. I'm lucky if I can do it 90% of the time without problems.. it's just too time consuming and risky right now.

If some of you are interested in starting up this project and need help.. drop me a private e-mail and I may be able to provide you with some information.

Let's get things rolling!!!

- Keith
    Last edited by Keith@HPTuners; 02-13-2008 at 09:50 AM.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Re: B&B LDV100P1 - J1850VPW to RS-232 Converter

does anybody have a loader program? that would save alot of the work right there. Then we would only need to worry about communications and data issues
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Interested here would need to know the proper speed of the rx tx tho shouldn't take too much email me if you wanna work on the project with me.

[email protected]
    2nd Place is the first looser by the way who is General Failure and why is he reading my disk anyways.

I definately want to get this going..

Anybody else interested?

If anything, I can set up a private board on this forum for this project.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training

I just read the datasheet for this Product.. it should work for every thing we need.. should also be able to sniff the tech 2 or other device to see how it communicates with the pcm.. I don't see a problem with it... Now to scrap together the 150..

Kevin

just curious.. does this communicate in something like hyperterminal? If so then this could be done pretty easily. Could pop a small linux kernel on a floppy with the needed communications stuff. Storage could be on the HD. I'm not sure if Windows is a real good idea because I dont think writing a flash would do too well if Windows decides to suddenly interrupt it with some background process. DOS should be ok though.. I have PCCOMM and other old terminal progs..
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner in Training

I believe you can send the command via the terminal program if you want... Not sure though doesn't really say

Kevin

i found a chip that uses standard AT modem commands. Of course you still have to structure the packets correctly but that makes chip communications commands alot easier. But it only runs at low speed 10.7mhz

I keep running into things that say the data is encrypted. I assume the chatter is not. So are we going to have to overcome that too when trying to d/l and u/l to the flash? I have yet to find a specific example of encrytpion. Here's an example of the stuff I run into...

The most interesting aspect of the OBD II implementation is that Flash Memory and crypto coded up/down loading of calibrations is also include in the statutes.

In other words, you de-solder the memory and re-program it the old way or you learn something about cryptography and up load new calibrations with your PC.

Re: B&B LDV100P1 - J1850VPW to RS-232 Converte

The via LDV Will not work because it cannot do block transfers.. out of the question.