Thread: B&B interface API beta testers wanted

B&B interface API beta testers wanted

Calling programmers who want to participate in the beta testing of a new AutoTap V2 interface API that can be called from any Windows based language that can invoke trivial dll functions.

Download available here:
    http://www.starrperformance.com.au/efilivev6/index.htm

Beta test places are limited.
    You will need to have a B&B AutoTap V2 interface.
    Beta testers will receive free, a 100% functional developer's registration.

Regards
    Paul

Re: B&B interface API beta testers wanted

What are the trivial DLL functions? I don't have an AutoTap V2 interface unless you want to send me one. Can I still have the DLL? I recently ordered a cable to interface my Z06's computer, but what is the V2 Autotap? Isn't this just a datalogger or does it read/write also?

Quote Originally Posted by 03_EB_Z06
    What are the trivial DLL functions? I don't have an AutoTap V2 interface unless you want to send me one. Can I still have the DLL? I recently ordered a cable to interface my Z06's computer, but what is the V2 Autotap? Isn't this just a datalogger or does it read/write also?
    You can download the dll and documentation that describes each API function in detail. It also includes a sample header file for C and a module for Visual Basic.
    Here:http://www.starrperformance.com.au/efilivev6/index.htm

The AutoTap V2 interface is the cable/electronic module that AutoTap and EFILiveV5 use to communicate with an OBDII vehicle. This dll will only work with that interface so it really is a case of you need to have either AutoTap or EFILiveV5. For beta testing purposes we may also support the B&B LDV interface as well.

The API dll does not (yet) support reading and writing. The initial functionality is limited to data logging and trouble codes.

Regards
    Paul

Ok, I got the DLL to work with my Borland C++ Compiler. With no device or cable hooked up to my computer, I got the following error from the DLL, so I assumme its working ok.

I look forward to incorporating your DLL into my program once I add datalogs. I do hope you plan to support a few of the other cables, in particular the LDV100P1.

Oh, I appreciate the nice support docs on the APIs.

Paul Booth

Tuner

OK Im d/l ing this now.. Ill play with it tomorrow.. I have an AT V2.
    On the site you posted it states
    To qualify for a beta registration for the EFILiveV6 beta API you must send an email to [email protected] containing the following information:

Your current EFILiveV5 registration details.

Your name.

Your email address where we can send your beta tester's registration.

The development language that you intend to use to invoke the EFILiveV6 API. (i.e. Delphi, C, VB etc).
    Whats that all about? I dont have a reg to EFILiveV5
    I dont have my car anymore but Ill steal one or somthing ;D
    Actually just use a friends.
    &&-=#Determined to figure out the PCM in my 2k Impala#=-&&http://www.lynoise.com

Tuner

Should I be excited as I am about this statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by ls1tools
    The API dll does not (yet) support reading and writing. The initial functionality is limited to data logging and trouble codes.
    &&-=#Determined to figure out the PCM in my 2k Impala#=-&&http://www.lynoise.com

Ok, I got the DLL to work with my Borland C++ Compiler. With no device or cable hooked up to my computer, I got the following error from the DLL, so I assumme its working ok.

I look forward to incorporating your DLL into my program once I add datalogs. I do hope you plan to support a few of the other cables, in particular the LDV100P1.

Oh, I appreciate the nice support docs on the APIs.

Paul Booth
    Hi Paul,

This is what beta testing is all about... thanks for the report.

I "accidentally" left a couple of debugging statements in the dll hardcoded to output to the file: D:\temp\ulog.txt - if it can't find the file it will attempt to create it. I never bothered with catching the exception because that code was not meant to be left in the production version.
    You can either wait for me to fix it (today or tomorrow) or you could edit the dll (with some sort of hex editor) and change the filename.
    or
    If you do have a D: drive just create a temp directory so the ulog.txt file can be created.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Lynoise
    Whats that all about? I dont have a reg to EFILiveV5
    To cut a really long boring explanation of licensing issues suffice to say all I need from a potential beta tester is the serial number from the AutoTap V2 interface.

Also for beta testing purposes we will try to accommodate testers who already have an LDV interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynoise
    Should I be excited as I am about this statement?
    No. We have no way of reading/writing the flash today. We are directing our efforts to provide more accurate and better scan tool technology.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ls1tools

Hi Paul,

This is what beta testing is all about... thanks for the report.

I "accidentally" left a couple of debugging statements in the dll hardcoded to output to the file: D:\temp\ulog.txt - if it can't find the file it will attempt to create it. I never bothered with catching the exception because that code was not meant to be left in the production version.
    You can either wait for me to fix it (today or tomorrow) or you could edit the dll (with some sort of hex editor) and change the filename.
    or
    If you do have a D: drive just create a temp directory so the ulog.txt file can be created.

Regards
    Paul
    A fix has been posted here - it's just the updated dll.
    http://www.starrperformance.com.au/e...loads/atv2.zip

Tuner

OK I have a VB app that works
    well kinda works... I am talking to it.. but I dont have an OBDii vehicle at my house anymore.
    Mine is still all busted up from the accident :'(
    Tomorrow Ill go to a friends and give it a try.

I haven't used EFILive5, but I understand you can change params on the fly. After looking at the API info, I didn't see functions to do this. Do you plan to add them?

I haven't used EFILive5, but I understand you can change params on the fly. After looking at the API info, I didn't see functions to do this. Do you plan to add them?
    We have not decided yet.
    The bidirectional controls are not easy to implement. So far EFILiveV5 only has bi-di condtrols for the LS1. We *may* add support for *just* LS1 bi-di controls and maybe only a "safe" subset of controls, it's just not decided yet.

Regards
    Paul

No problem. I think I've almost got it figured it out now. Cancel my registration for testing.

I need to do more research.

The interfaces do not have enough buffer(memmory) to do block transfers needed to comunicate with the flash memmory... so its not software based the problem