Thread: Ford Diesel Help

Potential Tuner

Ford Diesel Help

I am new here, I see most all of the post are for gas engines. Does anyone have information on Ford Powerstroke tuning? I would like to learn more about this. I own a 2000 Powerstroke and run a TS chip, I have been tring to find out how hard it would be and what it would take to be able to write a tuneing program and burn it to my four position chip. Does anyone here have information on diesel tuneing or know of a site where I can learn how to do this?

Thanks for the Help

Tuner

Re: Ford Diesel Help

What your looking to do is very difficult for the price you could purchase the equipment for. Proven software, datalogger, and chip&burner for around $800

You can start by reading the ford forum, and get some info on the chips, ect. I deal with this all day, and for the price, i would not even consider anything else.

Ryan
    1998 Ws6 TA

Potential Tuner

Thanks for the reply, I do understand that it will cost a lot to get started but what I am really after is what you said. "Proven software" an learning how to write the code and what to change in it? I know people here in houston that have the equipment to burn to a chip but all they do is burn other peoples programs, I would like to learn to write my own, any help with finding the base code programs and how to modify them would be a great help.

Tuner in Training

What Ryan is talking about is the Superchips Custom Tuning hardware and software. I have been using it for nearly two years on several Ford cars but it can be used on the diesels as well, as far as I know.

What is a TS chip? If it is really an SCT chip supplied by one of their licensed tuners, then you can buy the software and burner to edit it yourself from Superchips Custom Tuning dealer like MD Motorsports.

If all you want to do is modify the tune on your truck, this is the way to go. If you want to learn about it on a little deeper level, you are on your own. I personally am challenged enough just learning how to use the SCT package on the Fords and the HPTuner package on the GM cars. Both of these are very, very good packages.

Joe
    2002 A4 Corvette, 1967 327 Corvette, 1999 Cobra Mustang \'vert nitrous car (10.7, 128), SCT Pro Racer Package for Ford tuning, HPTuner for Vette.