Page 8 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Tuner in Training

Re: Introduce yourselves here..

This is my first post realy just testing sig

Potential Tuner

hey whats up , doug here. i live in new jersey ive been working in cars for about 11 years now mostly older chevys and some imports.i got a 96 chevy tahoe l31 vortec 350 (currently rebuilding it) my truck is 4 wheel drive and lifted but im looking to get more power and tune-ability out of it. im kinda new to tuning this type of vehicle so i have to ask, what exactly is hp tuners and the whole vcm suite. thanx for any info

Potential Tuner

Hi my name is Aaron, just cruising around checking things out.
    My occupation is automotive technician for a local dealership in the area where I live East SF Bay Union City Calif. My son Screamin03 talk me into getting HP tuner for my 01 SS Camaro. I thought the car was strong when I first got the car but then Screamn03 did some tweakin and it made worlds of difference-very impressed with HP tuner. I have been wrenchin
    on just about everything that rides slides or glides for sometime now
    including 4 yrs. in the service as a wheeled vehicle power generation
    mechanic-63B10 for all you military people. As for my user name in case if
    there are some wonderers it stands for western outlaw zero triple 1,
    I used to be into 2 way radio stuff 11 meter band and slightly beyond
    which is refered to as outband-I guess the western outlaw part still applies though .

\'01 Camaro

Potential Tuner

Hello all!

My name is Kelly and I am a GM parts salesman for a Chevy dealership in Utah.

I've been lurking your wonderful forum almost everyday since I purchased my 02 Z28 in august. I just wanted to say thanks to Chris, Keith, and Ken for letting us use thier forum and learn on thier dime.

P.S. 1.6 Looks awsome... I have been saving my pennies for HPT since - oh - about september. Every time an updated version comes I get soo anxious but I've just got to be patient.
    08 G8 GT

Potential Tuner

Whats up guys? The name is Andrew and im no stranger to EFI tuning, ive been playing with standalones on import cars for a few years now, but am start to getting into PCM tinkering with LS1s and soon to be SVT vehicles shortly. I've got a 1994 Toyota Supra thats running a good bit of boost and making some decent power already. Im here to learn and improve and most ceratinly I'd be more than happy to share what I already know....

Andrew
    2002 Corvette Z06

what up everyone. well obviously i'm an f-body fan. I run a 97 lt1 car in which i have put together myself. I have pretty much everything figured out about the car except the tuning part. I am running tuner cat and havn't quite figured it completely out. Just wondering if anyone has some tips on where to get started. I have completely rebuilt the engine with stock crank,eagle i-beams,hyperutectics .030, total seal gapless rings, trick flow heads with manley street flow valves, all lt4 hot cam hardware, arp rocker studs/ intake port matched to heads/ electric water pump/ 2500 hughes stall/ tci kit in trans/ trans go shift kit/4:10 eaton posi moser axles/ nos wet kit 150 shot/ ...so i've got it all but i need some tips on this tuning?

Tuner in Training

My name is Travis, and im currently in South Carolina..

just ordered HP tuners not even 15mins ago... i must have been to this forum 100 times the past few months.. lol took me awhile to save up enough to get it.

my car is a 1991 camaro convertible... im swapping a 02 fbody motor in. other then one fuel line and the coolent system, shes ready to fire... as soon as i get HPtuners here to delete VATS, remove some codes, ect...

i cant wait. ;D

1991 Camaro Convertible with 02 LS1

Tuner in Training

Hey all,
    I'm glad to be the next newbie to the site.
    My name's Paul, and I'm from Midland MI.
    I drive a '98 Trans Am, and have just upgraded from LS1 Edit and EFI Live to HP Tuners with EIO interface.

Hello all. I just got my software in the mail today and look forward to using it to get the tune on my Silverado SS dialed in. Couldn't come at a better time. I just got heads and longtubes to add to my already Radix blown and cammed set-up.

Tuner in Training

Greetings !

My name is Rob Lumpkin (Bad30th on most LS1 boards). I'm from San Diego, CA.

I own a 1999 Pontiac 30th Anniv vert A4 with quite a few mods... Bought it new (original owner) and modded it to hell in a quest for more speed ! My goal is to ride the fine line between daily drivability and raw power.

More about my car :
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/bad30th

I am a Computer and Network engineer by trade, I work for a tech company (QUALCOMM) and enjoy playing music (yep, I'm in a couple of bands too), working on the 30th and just about anything that has to do with computers (so this adventure into PCM tuning should be a blast !).

Cheers, hope to be spending a lot of time here learning. Thanks to all who are contributing to this great forum !

Rob (Bad30th)

Potential Tuner

Hello everyone. NooB here

Getting HPTuners VERY soon and am here to learn a little first.

Thanks

Chris

Potential Tuner

First post to say hi. Thinking about upgrading from edit to HPT. Just wanted to sign up and lurk a little first.

Mike

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by buschman
    First post to say hi. Thinking about upgrading from edit to HPT. Just wanted to sign up and lurk a little first.

Mike

Sup Busch!!!

I met you at the UMCP car show (pewter v6 camaro), Good work BTW. You definatly left your mark!

If you are up around germantown/rockville met me know and I can show you all the HPT sutff..

that or you can jsut buy it.. because it is the shiznit..

-Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Potential Tuner

My name is Justin, I am a friend of foff667 and LittleG. I'm planning a motor/trans swap in my Lumina, and I'm gonna use HPTuners to tune it. (more info in the Lounge).

- Justin

Potential Tuner

Hello all, I think I am going to make the leap into tuning, there is just no one close to me that is capable, sick of the mailorder tune that is not right. I have been reading and learning all that i can. Thanks for the informative forum.

Real name = Rick

Potential Tuner

Heloo everyone

Newby from Mexico, name Ray....

100% clueless about tunning but ready to learn from all you guys......

Mechanical engineer with 2 years experience in mechanical tuning so next step is electronic tunning.....

Ray
    There is no replacement for displacement

Potential Tuner

Hi everyone. My name is Jim. I am a Navy helicopter pilot, and let me tell ya, flying helicopters is a helluva lot easier than understanding the automotive computers!
    Anyway, I have a 01 Z06 Corvette and have added a couple mods such as headers, hi-flow cats, x-pipe, Vararam intake and a few other things.As is the case I am thinking about getting a computer tuning program to help take full advantage of the aforementioned mods.
    I am glad I found this website and look forward to the education I am about to receive here.

Cheers
    Jim

Sup all,

Just got my HP Tuner yesterday and be having fun learning/programming my truck so far.

Born on 11/20/06 07' GMC Sierra DMax EC 4x4 HPT

SOLD:2003 Silverado ECSB 4x4, LQ9, Patriot LS6, TR230/224, 31lb inj, TB Stall, HPT & LC-1.

Potential Tuner

hi

I have a vx ss commodore ls1 6speed 01
    New to reprograming. i'm using vcm suite
    same as hptuners. so if anyone has any tricks
    to get quick power gain that would be good
    Im working on wideband sensor dynojet
    should be hooked up by weekend.

Well guys newbie here... my hptuners is in the mail...

I have a 2000 3.8L v6 Camaro 5-speed...

managed a [email protected] mph, with only free mods on my car...

aiming for high 13s, 1.9X 60'ts, and maybe 100 mph traps... hopefully tuning will help me with that...