Page 9 of 115 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourselves here..

Tuner in Training

Re: Introduce yourselves here..

Turtle
    Austin, TX

farmboy with a ME degree... gearhead since age 5... started off with doing tune ups on Hondas (my grandmother owned an Accord and then a Civic), graduated to carbed V8s, then on to the L98 TPI engine (and converting a '86 C4 from L98 to ZZ4 w/TPI) and finally to the LS1/LS6 cars... just got my cable today and can't wait to get to tuning the three LS1 cars we (my fiance and I) have...

2002 Z28 - T-Rex cam, true duals w/Moroso Spiro Flos, P&P throttle body, ported MAF ends, SLP lid and a few other things... 400rwhp and hoping to get more with some education and tuning tips
    2002 Z28,2002 SOM SS,2001 Z28,1999 FRC

Tuner

Hi,
    my name is mark, I own a workshop in Melbourne Australia doin mechanical repairs and standard performance work.
    Started tinkering with the programming side of things less than 12 mths ago and i got to say this is really fun.

Potential Tuner

Hi, my name is Tom. I have a h/c 03 Grand Am GT. I'm really new with this tuning program, so you will see me asking 237462345 questions about this program.

Hi, just started tinkering with my new software on my 03 Chevy Avalanche. Wanting to make it a nice street machine without throwing big money at it, such as adding a supercharger. I live in a rather rural county in Indiana, there are no 4-lane roads in the entire county. I want to do things to the truck to allow me to pass better on our 2-lane roads.
    03 Avalanche Z66
    5.3L, Vortech supercharger, water/meth injection, circle D 3200 stall converter, truetrac diff, shorty JBA headers
    Replaced 5.3 with ATK 6.0 460 hp crate motor - haven't put sc and w/m on it yet

00 vert vette
    Rebuilt LS1 with large cam, injectors, ported and slightly milled 243 heads, Weiand/Lingenfelter Intake Manifold, Vararam Ram Air Intake, LT headers, no cats, Corsa Indy exhaust, higher stall converter

Potential Tuner

Dave here in Apache Junction, AZ

Just bought HP Tuner from E-bay for a 2003 Silverado with a version 1.6 update......I have a question, but this does not seem to be the place for that....

My name is Forest. I am the head technician at Big 3 Performance in wuakesha WI. I specialize in late model domestic cars only, and build some of the most outrageous combos out there. ;D (2005 vette, bored,stroked,cammed,full valvetrain, headers, exhaust, heads, supercharger,intercooled, methanol injection, clutch, trans, rear, axels. ect.. Just to name one. I always willing to help especially with technical info, and I love to learn about tuning and what people have done with thier current rides. since I push the envelope so much I am always looking for options and advice for the tuning side of things. I am not new to tuning but I sure don't know everything. Thanks for all your help.

Forest

Potential Tuner

My name is Steve and I live in west palm beach. Bought a new 03 ssei and was never happy with the performance. I never knew how many mods were out their on the 3.8 L67 engines. I recently purchase a FWI intake and already noticed a difference. Last week I upgraded to a 3.4 sc pulley and another easy mod with results. I am just hooked now. Just purchased (I think) (hp sales has not responded to my emails) the HP Tuners VCM Suite and cant wait to play some more.
    2003 Bonneville SSEI

Potential Tuner

Hi all,
    Just signed up, looking forward to receiving the Superchip/HPtuner package when available for my 2003 Sierra Denali. Till then will read on and gather information. Should be interesting.
    2003 Sierra Denali, 6.0L LQ4, 4L65E mod., 4.10 gear, AWD, 4WS, Volant CAI, Dynatech SuperMaxx,
    Corsa Touring, Magnecor wires AC/Delco Irridiums.

Hello everyone,

My name is Dennis.I live in GA.Served In the Army National Gaurd for 4yrs liked it went regular Army and served in Desert Shield and Storm.My MOS or Job was a 63B20. SGT Light to Heavy Wheeled Mechanic.Wrenched from a small generator to a M1 Abrahm Turbine.If we could just fit one of those in our street rods. 10yrs served. Tried to fine work in the mechanic field. Noone was hiring so Drove big Rigs for a living and owned my own business for 7years and 911 hit.I had to fold everything. Customers closed or were bought out. Work was tight now Iam a Senior Pressman. I am tending school for Computer repair and my A++ certification. I will be graduating in April of '06. Does not figure. I can work on just about anything.My parents hated taking me toy shopping when I was a kid .It would be in pieces.Than later running like a top.Now I need to learn the programming world which this is where you guys come in.I have ???s about the HP Tuner.I own one of the dying breeds 2005 Grand Am GT1s Thanx to the G6.Which I drove and was not impressed. My '05 GT is alot of fun to drive and can hold its own. With some modes added. 8) Is the HP Tuner user friendly? Is there one for my '05 GT? well I talk alot. So to all. Thaanks for listening. ;D

Tuner

Hi my name is Nabil. I am a banker and live in Dubai , United Arab Emirates. I own a Chevy Corvette 04 Coupe . New to all this tuning business but like they say have laptop and am willing to travel ;D
    03 Mercedes ML55 AMG - Stock
    06 S2000
    06 GMC Sierra 3500 - Tuned
    09 GT-R - Stock
    09 Lexus LX570
    10 Camaro SS , Bolt Ons , Tuned

Tuner in Training

Name is Ken, I live in a suburb of Minneapolis. Motors and tuning seens to be a family thing. I was intoduced to repairs, mods etc. as soon as I could ride that first mini-bike.

Potential Tuner

Name is Fred, retired insturment eng, love Classic cars, Photography, Computers and chipping my ThirdGen 88 Camaro TPI IROCZ . Born rasied in St Paul Minn and now live in Perth, Western Austrlia.
    Siggy&&88 Camaro Vert. TPI IROC&&Sniper Suspension&&Sniper Cat-Back&&N0-Air

Tuner

Name is Craig.

I own a 97 Camaro RS (v6) that i've recently put a T3 turbo kit custom designed based on the late 80's Grand National and Buick TType setup.

My wife and I started a local FBody club in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada a few years ago which has now grown to over 100 cars in size. My goal with this car is to have something unique that shows and goes well and keeps me having fun
    1997 Camaro RS
    T3 Turbo intercooled.

Tuner

hey, i am joe from Lafayette, LA trying to make a name for myself. i do custom suspensions (no cheap sh*t), airbags, carputers, and have been trying to get into tuning for years. moneys getting right, hard work does pay off.

Advanced Tuner

Im Matt from Baton Rouge La. I just got my Z-71 to the 13's Sat night. Did as little data logging and saw some room for improvement, and I like to do things myself. The PCM is pretty much the only thing I don't try myself, but I think I'm ready to make the jump. I'm going to try for 12.99 on motor. BTW Im all motor with only LS1 fans for bolt on's. The intake is in the mail right now. So hopefully with all teh bolt ons and a new exhaust I can do it. ;D

Tuner in Training BlackBoosted2's Avatar

Rob here, from indianapolis

Just purchased Tuners a few weeks ago for my LS1 swapped RX7. I've got a buddy starting me on the large learning curve for Tuners. Did a ton of mods about 2 months ago, and it's just now getting tuned. Next is to run the advanced IO wire to my innovative wideband....i'm sure you will see me asking simple questions on this forum for some time.
    C5 Coupe
    CTS-V

SOLD LS1 RX7 - 11.3@125 all motor
    SOLD LT1 T/A - 13.5@101 showroom stock

Potential Tuner

Daniel here from Phoenix.

Senior network engineer for a pharmaceutical company. Used Tunercat and Datamaster on my 94. Picked up a 00 Trans Am so I decided I'd better get a package to start tinkering with it..

Tails
    FFR MKIII Roadster Complete Kit, 3-Link, GM LSx Block, T56.
    Build Pictures
    Build Blog

Potential Tuner

Hello all,

Willy here. This is all fairly new to me (the electronics side of automotives). I'm a licensed tech (motor mechanic) just outside of Calgary, Alberta looking to return to the industry. Young at heart but holy, haven't things changed in the industry in the last 10 years or so....when I last made a living at it.

Not sure if you can help me but looking to get much deeper into the automotive electronics side of things to yet again make a living at it. Fed up with politics etc in my current role....

Any advice on schools or colleges offering "upgrading" type electronics courses, books, websites, tools (of course HP Tuner information and feedback for a guy considering a purchase) would be of use. It all looks very intriguing.

Maybe I can repay you by offering advice on turning a mixture screw, manually adjusting a distributor.....man have things changed... :huh2:

Looking forward to some conversation especially those up here in the great white (yes, it's coming) north.

Willy
    Willy

Potential Tuner

Hey all, I got roped into helping my sister tune her Firebird. :P We have NO IDEA how to use this correctly. I hope some of you can help us. She hangs around FTV6 and FirebirdV6. She goes by jessica2112, maybe someone hear knows her. Nice to be here, thanks.
    1999 Firebird V6, Powerdyne SC 6lbs, 36# injectors- horrible tune

noob here (first time I've done that in a while)

I'm from Baton Rouge, La. I have a 2003 Silverado X-tra cab that's basically stock but may not be in the future, just doing some mild tuning for now, if all goes well it may turn in to one heck of a project.
    2009 Sierra CCSB 5.3 A6 4X4
    2003 Silverado ECSB 4.Late/Auto SOLD