Thread: Will VCM Suite 2.1 Support turning off tranny?

Tuner in Training

Will VCM Suite 2.1 Support turning off tranny?

Because unless I'm just not looking in the right place, there is no way to simply turn all the transmission controls off in VCM Suite 2.0.xx, and this should be an option. If you're building a car with a manual transmission, the automatic stuff is just going to cause problems, and this should be an ability we should have for the price we pay.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolGP
    Because unless I'm just not looking in the right place, there is no way to simply turn all the transmission controls off in VCM Suite 2.0.xx, and this should be an option. If you're building a car with a manual transmission, the automatic stuff is just going to cause problems, and this should be an ability we should have for the price we pay.
    The only way is to flash an M6 calibration into the PCM from the same vehicle.

There are 100's of params that need changing between A4 and M6, not to mention a bunch of conflicting rules about what inputs can and can't be used together since the A4 and M6 use the same outputs for different things etc.

Chris..
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    OK, well what if there wasn't a manual ever for the car? A 97 Monte Carlo never had a manual, but from my experience with other software it can't be impossible. I see guys doing L67 swaps with manuals into Fieros all the time, they must be able to turn the tranny dtuff off, even though there has never been an L67 powered car with a manual.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolGP
    OK, well what if there wasn't a manual ever for the car? A 97 Monte Carlo never had a manual, but from my experience with other software it can't be impossible. I see guys doing L67 swaps with manuals into Fieros all the time, they must be able to turn the tranny dtuff off, even though there has never been an L67 powered car with a manual.
    the best one to ask about this would be Loyde (FastFieros) on this forum, i'm not familar with what changes need to be done in that particular case.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    I have talked with Loyde at FastFieros and he has given me some helpful tips. Hopefully they will take care of everything I need, but the real test will come once the motor is running.

definately just flashing an M6 file would be the easiest solution for you
    -Scott -