Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How's beta testing going for the Jbodies??

Potential Tuner

How's beta testing going for the Jbodies??

Just poking my head in here to talk to Robo or someone and find out how the testing is going so far for the hopfully soon to be released software for the ecotecs/jbodies...I am leaving my fuel management/tuning for last - hopefully to use your guys software sometime in the upcoming year! ;D

Potential Tuner

Re: How's beta testing going for the Jbodies??

Yes, I am very interested in this for the Ecotec powered J Bodies also, is there an eta for the software to be available for sale?

I'm sure we will have something out in the next few months.

When we start asking questions about which years and models people want/need supported, then you know we are getting close

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Support for 03+ Jbodies with Ecotec DOHC 2.2L would be very nice indeed! ;D

Potential Tuner

Instead of creating a new post I thought I'd bring this one back.

I'm excited to see what this software can do for our platform, its been long past due for jbodies to have something like this.

Please keep in mind that mid production 2002 jbodies have the ecotec engine as well. They went from the Z24 (which had the 2.4 twin cam) to the ls sport (ecotec)

I'm not sure if it would be any different than an 03, just didn't want to be forgotten

Any idea on the ETA of the software....? I'm anxiously awaiting to see it on the order page.

i'm still confident we will have something by year end. Specifics on years/models that will be supported are not available at this stage.

I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

You guys got some news for us yet? I know there are quite a few of us who are very anxiously awaiting a release. Let me know if you need any help, I signed up with Robo to help with Beta testing...

2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

now that 1.5 is out of the way, we are set to finish this up. It is in the top list of things to do. We are still aiming for something in this year (although it's getting close!!)

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

Great news

I'm a developer myself, so I know how it can be, keep us updated.

2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training

Has anyone tried to communicate with the Cobalt or Saturn RedLine PCM? I have heard from a few sources that it's the new PCM used in the GTO and Z06 with just a different configuration.
    -Adam Chant SCdyne Performance "Tune it or lose it!"

Advanced Tuner

Hey guys, its gettin down there, any progress for us guys? I'm sure I could find 15+ guys who would buy this as soon as it comes out.

We are all getting anxious for an update on how you guys are doing, let us know.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training

I have plans for forced induction Ecotec powered Solstice ASAP

TAD

Tad "NotoriouSS" Banzuelo Dynotuner @ www.race-prep.com
    96 ImpalaSS Johnny#5 342.6RWHP 329.3RWTQ SAE @13.1 AFR 12.9 104mph 1.8 60
    67' El Camino Rosie 420RWTQ 380RWHP SAE NA

yes something for the ecotec would be very nice. To be able to reconfigure the stock computer is so much easier than having to wire in a aftermarket management system. something for the 2.4 would also be very usefull. I know a couple of people who really need something to tune their 2.4.

Tuner

Any update on the J-body progress? Any idea on a release date? Anything at all?

This market is alot bigger than it looks. Its not just j-bodies, but S-10's and other makes that use the same setup. And tuner cars are the hot ticket right now. Tapping into that will make big bucks and I'm quite sure these guys are the ones to break the barrier that no one else wants to cross..
    Even some old school rods are using the 2.4 because it looks cool under the hood. And I'm sure this will be a great upgrade/swap from new cars to old once you can get some control of the electronics. My 93 might just like to have an eco under the hood.. lol
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Advanced Tuner

Will this include support for the Holden Ecotec V6 and/or Alloytec V6?

Potential Tuner

Support of all the 3rd gen j-bodies would be freakin awesome. I think the 95 z's would be tough though since they have a screwy computer. I just hope there's support for the 2.4L. I wanna build one up for boost. Will the software allow us to remap wiht a bigger map sensor? That'd be huge help for guys running boost. Can't Wait!

Potential Tuner

i wish this would be out soon. i'm running the gm s/c program now w/ my turbo setup but i'll need something more for my new motor.

-nick-

Hey, I am looking for a tuner software, and have been watching the thread on j-body.org for about a year, you guys kept claiming it would be out by the middle of 2004, then by the end of 2004. Like robogeek said, the market is getting huge, there are so many vechicles that utilize the GM 4 cylinder

2.4L Olds achieva, Grand am, cavalier, sunfire, alero
    2.2L cavalier, S-10, sunfire
    Ecotec Cavalier, sunfire, several pontiac, and several saturns

I have a 2.4L cavalier and a 2.2L s-10 that I would love to play with when this comes out

Since you probably haven't been to j-body.org here is a incomplete list of people that would be interested just from one forum, I bet we could get over 100 interesed parties if we scanned the s-series forums, saturn, and pontiac forums.

Keep us posted!
    1. Keith Foerst (RenegadeZ24)
    2. Phil gruver (quickblackecotec)
    3. Ron Beyer (Shifted)
    4. Chad K (FstCavZ24)
    5. Adam Coleman (NJ's Honda Killa)
    6. Scott C (evil monkey)
    7. Roy P. (04sunfiresleeper)
    8. Ryan (Darkstars)
    9. Thomas (Redd214)
    10. Scot Kintz (Oldsman1)
    11. Alex Kalinowski (SappyL61)
    12. Zach Hilton
    13. maurice davis (novaracer)
    14. Devin Michael ( boostincav)
    15. Dave D (daveo) 99z24
    16. Jimmy Yahn (wayfastwhitey)
    17. Erik Przygoda (trucavypwr98
    18 Joseph Fitzwater (same) this would be nice
    19. Brandon Spoutz (CayenneRedZ24)
    20. eric remboldt (97cavie24ls)
    21. Justin Dorosh (Manitoba Motorsports)
    22. Derek K. (DerekZ24)
    23. Nathan C. (sentinel)
    24. Kurt Workman (kflo)
    25. Bryan Kroeker (z22styles)
    26. James Kellough (Cavalier Kellough- scorpio1)
    27. Alex B. (importfighter22)
    28. Aaron Dowen (Aaron5278)
    29. Joe Cloud (ohh3sunfire)
    30. Eli Ireland (eli ireLanD9)
    31. Mark M. (LT1XLR8)
    32. Phil G. (black98s10)

So I hope that you consider finish this very soon

Tuner in Training

Keith/Chris

Is this really coming out? I'm willing to prepay, and I'm sure others may, to get the ecotec software rolling. I'm in California w a 03 Cavalier turbo ecotec and willing to help out anyway I can.

FstCavZ24 (TurboECO)
    204WHP 247 TQ running rich as hell.&&