Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How's beta testing going for the Jbodies??

Potential Tuner

Re: How's beta testing going for the Jbodies??

you guys need to come out with this...asap if u can there would be soo many people to buy it. i am definitely in once it comes out. i can't wait!

Tuner in Training

im very in for the j-body programing

i own a 2 97's , a Z24 and a 2.4sedan , a 00 2.4 sedan

and the g/f has a 02 eco

i need this badly

Advanced Tuner

well if you really want some performance outa your 2.4 then read on

12498287 (gm part number) 2.4L Twin Cam Supercharger
    Application:
    2000 - 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.4 L (RPO - LD9) with Manual Transaxle (RPO- M86)
    2000 - 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.4L (RPO - LD9) with Manual Transaxle (RPO - M94)
    2000 - 2002 Pontiac Sunfire 2.4 L (RPO - LD9) with Manual Transaxle (RPO- M86)
    2000 - 2002 Pontiac Sunfire 2.4L (RPO - LD9) with Manual Transaxle (RPO - M94)

This integral "roots-type" supercharger and manifold design was developed to maximize both engine horsepower and torque without sacrificing durability. Vehicle Control Module (VCM) calibration is a key factor in both performance and driveability. This supercharger has its own unique calibration designed specifically for 2000 to 2002 model year 2.4L Twin Cam engines. Being an integral design gives the supercharger a "clean" factory look and more importantly, it's GM factory engineered. The GM Performance Part kit is the only supercharger that has met GM Engineering standards. The 2.4L Twin Cam Supercharger has undergone more extensive testing and tuning than any other power-adding device. If your goal is to make a reliable 190 HP and add over 40 lb/ft of torque with your 2.4 Twin Cam, this is the only way to go. The end result is a reliable, compact powertrain that has more power than many V6 engines.

The kit includes:
    - All mounting brackets and all mounting fasteners required for installation.
    - All air ducts and adapters including new PCV hoses, baffle and tubes required for installation.
    - Gen II Map Sensor, four spark plugs, accessory drive belt required for installation.
    - Recalibration of the Vehicle Control Module (VCM) is also included in the kit.

Easy Installation:
    Normal technician's hand tools are all that's required to install this supercharger kit (recalibration of the on-board vehicle control module must be done at an authorized GM dealership). Skilled technicians can easily complete a full installation in a single day.

The 2.4L Twin Cam Supercharger Kit carries a warranty covering the complete kit for defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles from date of installation. In addition to the product warranty, this supercharger kit will cover the powertrain (internally lubricated engine and transmission components) for the length of the original factory powertrain warranty. For specific details contact your local GM Performance Parts dealer.

There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Advanced Tuner

Thanks bud, but us turbo or NA guys who want to adjust more than just what the S/C program has would really love this software. HPT has a huge market here that they seem to be ignoring. They made a "promise" of sorts that they really aren't coming through on. An update would be nice, even if it was "we're working on it".

2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Hi guys,

It has been shuffled down the list at the moment but we are still working on it, unfortunately GM released the LS2 with a totally new PCM and also a seperate TCM for the trans. When it came time to prioritize things, LS2 was chosen ahead of 4cyl.

As a technical update we have successfully been able to read and write a PCM, but haven't had the time to add the stuff in between.

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

so if something new comes out we just get pushed aside?

Potential Tuner

:huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2: :huh2:

Seriously the ecotec has been out since 02 and the LS2 came out when.
    Does that mean that some one with a v8 has more money so you produce for them first?

Cmon guys too many irons in the fire finish what you started

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    Hi guys,

It has been shuffled down the list at the moment but we are still working on it, unfortunately GM released the LS2 with a totally new PCM and also a seperate TCM for the trans. When it came time to prioritize things, LS2 was chosen ahead of 4cyl.

As a technical update we have successfully been able to read and write a PCM, but haven't had the time to add the stuff in between.

Chris...

ill be the first to say it , thats a bunch of fawkin BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Potential Tuner

Hi guys,

Chris...
    you just made baby jesus cry :'(

Tuner

Hi guys,

Chris...
    I'm glad to hear that you're making progress, just don't forget about us as new projects come up. There's alot of people who's projects are waiting on a software package like this to make everything click. There's a huge market for this software in the GM 4 cyl world, and so far nothing's shown promise like Hptuners has, I'll be there with the rest of them lining up to buy a copy.

Potential Tuner

:'( :'( :'(

Sure there are a lot of people who want something for their 4 cylinder.
    I am not real sure as to why they would put a newly developed engine ahead of us. I hope gm re releases the ecotec so maybe they would finish what we are all wanting so badly.

i agree with alot of people you keep saying soon soon soon and nothing. my project also is waiting on some software so i can actually get my mods to work without the computer going apeshit. i also agree its is total bullshit we get shoved aside for a motor that can accept mods fairly decently already and just because its new it gets put above all? if that is the case then when the Ecotec came out in 2002 why wasnt it prioritzed then? it was a new motor then. its really dissapointing hearing promises and getting nothing. > > >

hey, you asked for an update and i gave you the honest update. Next time i will just say "we are working on it"

We still remain commited to developing this product, but again, i don't want you guys having expectations that we will support every 4cylinder application and the editor will have over 500 things to edit like the V8's do. This market is new and initial platform support will likely be limited to the most popular models.

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Chris as much as we hate the bad news. I think everyone here appreceiates an honest update.
    204WHP 247 TQ running rich as hell.&&

As long as we are all being honest here, I will say that thanks to HP's interest a couple of other companies are now looking at the 4 cylinder market. Alot of this is because there are several major racing series and many millions of dollars involved. This market went from nothing to a big time NHRA/NOPI, and others racing series. Not to mention the USAC/MARA midgets will allow a Eco setup, albiet with manual fuel/spark controls. And there is a ton of interest in a series to go head to head with the Focus midgets using stock PCM's. But they need a way to program the PCM.

I'm going to say something that will probably upset many here - I hope it really is taken in the light offered, but it needs to be said.

There is a hole in a huge market right now. Nobody is offering a tuner package for ANY 4 cylinder cars. Yet the tuner market is by far the fastest growing. Us old V8 guys are here, and will always be here, but think way back when you planned your first ride. It was a cheap car with a powerful motor I'll bet any money. I for one endured many hours of laughs over my Vega - even though it was a 302 T/A replica motor that owned many Camaro's. The new tuner markets are focused on the 4 bangers the way we focused on displacement. Today, the tubo is king...

Be greedy.. HP can make alot by being the first and the best to offer tuning software. But if you don't capture the market.. others will. And I haven't spent the last few years here to let this opportunity slip by.

The opening to dominate this market will only last so long... after that you are just competition.

And in case you doubt.. Jonh Lingenfelter ran a career best elapsed time of 6.993 seconds at 197.67 mph at Pomona. With a 50% stock parts ecotec 4 cyl car

PLEASE.. don't ignore this market....
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner in Training

well said robo

i agree with him , i come from the muscle car era(still own my 68 360ci 400ho 4spd elcamino) and my cav is faster than my elco was when i first got it

everyon jumps on the V8 bandwagon , why cause its to easy

i was planing on getting several years , of the programs , since ive got a group of cars i own

and the help ill be to friends when they would do their cars with it

almost 2 years into this and still nothing..........That is very sad..... is it the testing? because you have 100's of people willing to help out. What is setting this back the V-8 market? Is there anything that we can do as Potential buyers to help get this out any quicker? Please let us know, I think we are all anxious for a response.

I don't think that any one of us ever expected it to be the same as the V-8 software, we just want something that works.

Guys, we certainly understand the market potential. The decision to delay until after LS2 is purely a business one, we have 100's of tuners who use our software everyday, not a day goes by where we don't get at least 10 emails in regards to C6 and Holden support for LS2 engines.

The best thing that you guys can do to help speed things up at the moment is start a list/vote of the most popular models (approx. 2-3) and years (post 99).

That is where we will begin. Once we get the list nailed we will ask for beta testers.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Guys, we certainly understand the market potential. The decision to delay until after LS2 is purely a business one, we have 100's of tuners who use our software everyday, not a day goes by where we don't get at least 10 emails in regards to C6 and Holden support for LS2 engines.

The best thing that you guys can do to help speed things up at the moment is start a list/vote of the most popular models (approx. 2-3) and years (post 99).

That is where we will begin. Once we get the list nailed we will ask for beta testers.

Chris...
    Well I have an 03 Turbo Cavalier so that's my first vote, a 99 Cavalier Z24, and I live in San Diego.
    204WHP 247 TQ running rich as hell.&&

Tuner

'01 2.4 5M, very willing to test, or anything else that will hurry this along.