Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How's beta testing going for the Jbodies??

Advanced Tuner

Re: How's beta testing going for the Jbodies??

00 Z24 Auto

There were only 3 engine options in 00-05

00-02 had the 2.4L Auto and Manual, 2200 Auto and Manual
    02 had both of the above + Ecotec, auto and manual
    03-05 were all Ecotec auto's or manuals.

So, neglecting the transmission stuff, you only have 3 models to choose from. Seriously though, like Robo said, if you got us Fuel and Spark, you'd keep most of us happy.

2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Potential Tuner

2003 Sunfire, 5 speed

can't wait for this

From what I have seen and I am not being partial at all since I don't own a eco is the following list.

1. Ecotec 02-05

2. 2.4L 96-02

3. 2.2L 96-02

I am pretty sure that the 2.2L and the 2.4L PCM's use similar coding

Again I think we would almost all be happy with the diagnostic, fuel, and spark options if that would speed things up at all.

Thanks for the support

Advanced Tuner

Interestingly enough, In response to the post above, I believe the 2000 and up 2200, 2.4, and 2.2L Eco all have exactly the same ECU, the only difference being the programming. At least thats what I've found anyway.

2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Potential Tuner

my vote is for 98 and up 2200 OHV. would it be possible for S-10 support of the same engine?

Potential Tuner

#1 02-05 ecotec ;D

i would say the 2.4 and Ecotec's. and me personally i could use more then spark and fuel, like changing values to get rid of CEL's and codes for cams and shiftplus . and eventually i will need to change my limiters of course for the track only. my cams are already out of my rev limiter spec.

Potential Tuner

I have used HP tuners before.... amazing tuning software. Keith helped me get a version for the 3400 before it was avaialable.

I would recommend making the software avalibale for the 96 through 2002 2.4 manuals, and the 2002 through 2004 ecotec manuals.
    Those models alone would fetch 30 buyers immediately, and the people who have autos would see even more reason to convert to manuals.
    This way you caould save time in hacking the auto BS. (The tranny is computer controlled)

Our biggest issue is fuel cut, for the rev limiter and speed limiter.
    Hitting fuel cut while spraying........bad....and a 6200 rpm rev limiter just isnt safe when reving to 6000.
    I would buy your software if just those two features were available for now, i would go ahead and tune with an apexi until you were able to release the full version.

Once again

96-02 2.4l manuals

02-04 2.2 ecotec manuals

Tuner

let's see ...

there are also N-body's that have the same setup as well...

I know myself and a few others are interested in 2.4L applications on the n-body's. and considering the engine management is the same from what I can tell, there's an even larger group for you to add.

Alero, Grand Am, Malibu, Cavalier, Sunfire... all those cars came equipped w/ a 2.4 twin cam, 2.2 ecotec.... and in both auto and manual flavours....

more food for thought.
    Pontiac Grandma 2.4L LD9 (GT30R - super special option)
    12.4@118mph, spinning and being sloppy, 432hp 424tq

Tuner

So any GOOD news on this software? Like maybe you're gonna start working on it again in an attempt to have it to market mid-summer? For the 2.4 manual perhaps?

Tuner in Training

Even a basic setup for an ecotec manual trans would be nice. Something that would help tune a turbo eco.
    204WHP 247 TQ running rich as hell.&&

the Eco's, 2.2 OHV and the 2.4 would cover just about everything out there - including the S-10 trucks, marine apps and industrial engines ;D

And that also includes the Eco dune buggy freaks with their monster turbos!
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

i have a 00' s-10/2.2L4 MOTOR, LOOKING FOR A 4CYL SWAP, ARE ANY OF
    THE 99-CURRENT MODEL J-BODY MOTORS COMPATIBLE, ANYONE?

Potential Tuner

I joined this forum today to say I would buy this the first day i was able if you were to release it

-04 ecotec manual

this cant be just a "5spd" thing though like everything else seems to turn out like turbo kits and such

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    Interestingly enough, In response to the post above, I believe the 2000 and up 2200, 2.4, and 2.2L Eco all have exactly the same ECU, the only difference being the programming. At least thats what I've found anyway.

Well on my 99 2200 it has the sanme PCM as an LS1 camaro, so i would think the tuning software would be fairly aeasy to come up with, id be happyu as hell if i could chamge the speed limiter, the rev limiter, and basic fuel and spark tables to better control bigger injectors for all out N/A builds or of course the ever popular turbo. My plans call for bigger injectors and 15 spi on a fully built 2200 and i would love to be able to just add the needed fuel thru the injectors and not have to use an FMU. ALso would be nice to tell the PCM you have a 2 or 3 bar MAP so help with the fuel and spark tables.

I think the list should be 98+ 2200 either auto or manual, seeing as thats most of the j-bodys on the road anyways

Second should be the 02+ ecotec, great engine with lots of potential, just need the ability to tune, hell see what GM did with a stock eco and a FAST ECU, and of course auto and manual should be supported, most of the J-bodys have the auto anyways, a 5 speed is very hard to find.

Then of course the other would be the 2.4 Twin cam, id be willing to bet that most of the 2.4's out there are the 96-99 crowd with less numbers for the 00-mid 02, but covering all years would make the GM S/C work on the earlier cars, and of course if your going to do it might as well support auto and manual as most again are the auto trans.

If you say you are close then lets get this ball rolling, im ready to buy as soon as you say call and well ship you your stuff. Gives me an excuse to buy a new laptop anyways. I know that you know the market is out there, and LOTS of people are ready to spend there money with your company.

Keep up the great work and ill be looking for this in the near future i hope.
    Mike
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT #0003

2002 Blazer ZR2
    401ci gen5 LTx
    AWD/T56

1998 Olds Bravada
    Turbo 4.3 AWD
    "Winter Beater"

2008 Avalanche
    Daily Driver

looks can be deceiving unfortunately. About the only thing in common is the aluminum case.

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training

Great post SpdRcr
    204WHP 247 TQ running rich as hell.&&

Tuner in Training

Seeing as I am graduating with a bachelors of arts in business management, In a month, I can tell you from a professional stand point you are screwing up. The market you are ignoring is HUGE and you are going to lose money, QUICKLY

one thing I learned is market penetration, and market placement.

apparently your production staff and marketing staff havent learned this concept seeing as they are bypassing probly one of the top markets to be in. I cannot STRESS enough the market you are missing.

as spdrcz said, there are very SMART people on Jbody.org willing to test the product, even myself.

I myself would also buy this device ASAP...

we wont wait around forever...

god help the company who cracks this code and brings us this kind of capability, because the money they'd make would make them crazy.

hopefully you understand the simple concept of demand and then go with it

Potential Tuner

The only demand understood is the misconception that there is no money in four cylinder tuning only eight.