Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3

Advanced Tuner
    This looks fantastic. Great job. Well done guys...

I'll be trying this new version out with a VE in about a weeks time. Will offer feedback then...

Having never tuned a VE MAFless before... wish me luck!

Advanced Tuner
    I get an error on loading the constants from HPT:

Could not find one or more of the equation strings. Can not continue!

It gets to "Copying MAP boundaries-5" then aborts

Any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    So your saying it starts the copy, the tables are coming up on the screen then comes back with an error at the end? Are your constants zeros right now? Do you have a really slow laptop? Make sure you have the HPT window just in normal state, not maximized or minimized, same with the 7 equation windows. The only reason it would do that is if it didn't get them in the clipboard due to something happening really slow.
    Last edited by ktoonsez; 12-13-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    If I start off with zero constants, it loads all the tables, then aborts. Each table is switched focus for every table copied (it iterates through them all OK).

Im on a desktop - its pretty fast (2.66GHz)

Maybe it's something to do with installed components or updates? Ive noticed screen refreshes getting really slow these last few weeks...

I can use the tool just fine creating my own BEQ file

Also, is it possible to edit the VE table directly from the 3D display? Also swap the axis (Im used to looking at VE tables around the other way). Finally, are we able to scale up to a nominated RPM? Like 8000?

Advanced Tuner
    I don't know, all I can say is that one of the equations isn't making it into the clipboard for some reason, post your tune and I will try it on my machine.

You can type right into the VE table screen or double click the 3D display on the main screen and it launches a new screen that is a blow up version that you can move the fields up and down, just make sure to "enable edits" on those screens.

There are a few different formats on the VE table screen that have expanded RPM, although I have not fully tested it with those other formats so beware.

You can NOT change the axis, I know what your saying if you are used to HP, you'll get used to using it this way though. Also pay attention to the upper menu area when you move the mouse over the 3D graph on the main or the blowup and it tells you the MAP, RPM and zone.

Also, I made a few updates about a week ago, did you download it with in the week?

Advanced Tuner
    Downloaded on 13th Dec (yesterday)

Thanks for your feedback

Advanced Tuner
    Here is the file...

Advanced Tuner
    and again...

Attachment 15857

Advanced Tuner
    Just tried the file and it works fine on my desktop. I will try on laptop tomorrow.

Advanced Tuner
    Just tried it on my laptop and it worked ok there too. So it works on my vista machine and my XP laptop (Service Pack 2 NOT 3), not sure what the problem could be, maybe you have SP3 for XP? Win2K? Just guessing.

Advanced Tuner
    New update guys, use the original link from the first post. For people that already have the program, just unzip the .exe and the OptionsTiming.dat file.

The OptionsTiming.dat file is used for setting some timing events in milliseconds in the program. MNR-0 was having some problems with not getting all the equations so I added this for people that are having this problem and I hope this will clear it up. You can modify this file with notepad (do this while the program is closed, it only loads the file when it is started up), the top number is number of milliseconds between the sending of keys for the actual copying of the equations into the clipboard. The 2nd line in the file is the number of milliseconds between activation of the next equations window. So if you are having troubles with getting the equations, increase these numbers (start with the top number first, if you still can't get it then try the second) to give your PC more time to react to these window hooks. Default's are 25 and 110.

Is there a way to create your own dimensions/labels for a VE table? I like the LS2 one, but it caps at 6800rpm. I'd like to be able to see 7200 and 7600rpm (I spin to 7200 but just want that last bit for visual purposes), but if I try editing the text file with the various table dimensions, the program gives an error. Maybe I missed something or am not using the correct context. It's not terribly important but just a thought. I apologize if I missed the instructions on how to do this.

FYI, tried running this on Vista x64 and it worked just fine.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Is there a way to create your own dimensions/labels for a VE table? I like the LS2 one, but it caps at 6800rpm. I'd like to be able to see 7200 and 7600rpm (I spin to 7200 but just want that last bit for visual purposes), but if I try editing the text file with the various table dimensions, the program gives an error. Maybe I missed something or am not using the correct context. It's not terribly important but just a thought. I apologize if I missed the instructions on how to do this.

FYI, tried running this on Vista x64 and it worked just fine.

OK, the new, new update is ready.

DSteck make sure you extract table_dim.txt and the exe. Then modify the table_dim.txt file with notepad before opening the program. Go to the RPM line for the LS2 VE Format and find the period at the end of the line. Don't delete it, put your cursor to the left of the period and type in 7200 then press tab key once, type in 7600 then press tab key once, then save it. Start the program and copy the equations back in. Just remember to set your Dynamic Airflow RPM values to 8000 and 7900 in your tune file.

Awesome, thanks!

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    New update guys, use the original link from the first post. For people that already have the program, just unzip the .exe and the OptionsTiming.dat file.

The OptionsTiming.dat file is used for setting some timing events in milliseconds in the program. MNR-0 was having some problems with not getting all the equations so I added this for people that are having this problem and I hope this will clear it up. You can modify this file with notepad (do this while the program is closed, it only loads the file when it is started up), the top number is number of milliseconds between the sending of keys for the actual copying of the equations into the clipboard. The 2nd line in the file is the number of milliseconds between activation of the next equations window. So if you are having troubles with getting the equations, increase these numbers (start with the top number first, if you still can't get it then try the second) to give your PC more time to react to these window hooks. Default's are 25 and 110.
    Thanks for that. I'll try it when I get home.

What equations is it copying and from where, just out of interest? I can't see any equations in the open tables...

...OK. tried it - still no go. I quadrupled the delays to 100/440 respectively, then again to 400/1760.

I am using the beta release. I re-installed the RTM release 2.2.2 and tried it again on the default settings. It worked!

It might pay to check your program works when 2.2.4 comes out...

Advanced Tuner
    I am also using the beta, Version 2.23.3218.40121. Is your's different? If so email me the install if you still have it.

Advanced Tuner
    OK guys another update. MNR-0's problem was the newest beta, the HP guys decided to change the controls for the toolbars and it screwed up my hooks into the program but it is all good now for both the latest released version and all beta's there after.

Tuner in Training
    ktoonsez ... Thanks for all of the work I know you have got into this so far ... I am still trying to figure out a way to read or calculate the cam angle but I think you are 100% correct. Without knowing the effect of that angle it will be impossible to do much if anything about it.

HPT Gurus ... can we get just an update with the cam angle PID added? ... I know it is alot of work but dang we need it!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by D-GTO View Post
    ktoonsez ... Thanks for all of the work I know you have got into this so far ... I am still trying to figure out a way to read or calculate the cam angle but I think you are 100% correct. Without knowing the effect of that angle it will be impossible to do much if anything about it.

HPT Gurus ... can we get just an update with the cam angle PID added? ... I know it is alot of work but dang we need it!
    Back to my original comment, I still think that you can do the VE tuning without those in there because that part of the equations are going to be static and don't need to be changed. Even though those values won't be represented in the virtual VE table it will all work out anyway.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    OK guys another update. MNR-0's problem was the newest beta, the HP guys decided to change the controls for the toolbars and it screwed up my hooks into the program but it is all good now for both the latest released version and all beta's there after.
    Yep. Just tested it on the beta version that initially caused the failures - all works now. Nice work!