Thread: 2005 vette

2005 vette

Well, I am wondering if there is a way to convert a MAF over to a 3 bar MAP and find a translator to translate the signal back to MAF frequency. this is a bored and stroked 409 Ci heads cammed boosted, exhaust ect........ I will be running 12-14 PSI on the street and 18PSI with C-16 fuel but I need to have no Codes or drivability issues. I heard somthing about Fullthrottle.com having somthing like this. Has anyone heard of this before?

Thanks, Forest

Tuner in Training

Re: 2005 vette

Quote Originally Posted by banana_trans
    Well, I am wondering if there is a way to convert a MAF over to a 3 bar MAP and find a translator to translate the signal back to MAF frequency. this is a bored and stroked 409 Ci heads cammed boosted, exhaust ect........ I will be running 12-14 PSI on the street and 18PSI with C-16 fuel but I need to have no Codes or drivability issues. I heard somthing about Fullthrottle.com having somthing like this. Has anyone heard of this before?

Thanks, Forest

Never heard of such a thing. Have you considered installing the MAF before your Turbo and just upgrading to a 3-BAF MAP sensor. That would probably give you the best results.

If you want to eliminate the MAF completley, you could always go MAF-less

-A

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by OneSlowGTP

Never heard of such a thing. Have you considered installing the MAF before your Turbo and just upgrading to a 3-BAF MAP sensor. That would probably give you the best results.

If you want to eliminate the MAF completley, you could always go MAF-less

-A
    wait until you see an ls2 file...i honestly dont even know how you'd go mafless at this point...I'll wait for someone else to do THAT writup lol
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by banana_trans

Thanks, Forest
    Yeah this is kinda comical seeing how there is no way to tune an LS2 yet?

This whole deal smell fishy to anyone else??? it sure stinks here in milwaukee around this guy....
    Milwaukee Area's only LSx car and truck performance builder

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWC5

Yeah this is kinda comical seeing how there is no way to tune an LS2 yet?

This whole deal smell fishy to anyone else??? it sure stinks here in milwaukee around this guy....

HAHAHA, definitely smells fishy around him.... especially the couple LT1 cars that are trash.

Me, BADLS1, and SLOWC5 will take on ANY LSx car you can put together

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by z28kid98

HAHAHA, definitely smells fishy around him.... especially the couple LT1 cars that are trash.

Me, BADLS1, and SLOWC5 will take on ANY LSx car you can put together
    add the L67 and L32 3800 series 2 & 3 to the list, I'm building one right now I'll put up against forests LSx cars

JEFF

you guys are still too chicken sh#$ to come down to our shop and see what a real LSx motor build is like, I have already done a 2005 vette, full internals, and tuned it and have pics for the proof. Now I am doing another one, and this costs more money than you make in a year, if you don't think so, stop over and see for yourself. If you don't stop over and continue to talk trash with no foundation for an argument, then we over here will continue to laugh at your hopeless attempts at shadetree hotrodding. I'll bet you don't even know the difference between an LS2 and LS1 0r 6 Jeff, besides that it is a 6.0 with "400" Hp vs. a 5.7. do you know the sensor locations? or that the bottome of the cylinders are lowere and require clearancing for a 4.000 inch stroke and up, on an LS2 vs. LS1? or that the cast iron 6.0 block takes all the same parts as an LS2 but you don't have to clearance the block with a 4.00 inch stroke? Or that when you run a doulble roller timing chain you usually have to space the oil pump away from the block so the chain does not eat into it? You need to try doing this for a living before you try to be an " expert" . I know that you will now rant and rave about some supposed LT1 that I built and now the guy has problems... ect..... GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT!!!! he had somone else build the motor after I "built" it for him, meaning that THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM ANY MORE!!!! go talk about kilpatricks about how they messed his SH#$ up. Also, go ask JOHN, heatseekerWS6, he will tell you what a built LS2 is really like, being as he had th balls to come down and see for himself if we are for reall or not. He had a pleasant surprize, very impressed. Oh well, I guess we will just have to beat you at the world of wheels car show again, in fact I tell you what, Jeff, you enter your vette and we will enter one that we built, and let the judges decide who builds a better car ;D

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

when did this site turn into ls1 & ls2.com?

Your right, sorry about my little rant, I just can't stand ignorant people. I actually found what I was looking for, and I will let you know if it works well or not. Hopefully it does, cause I sure don't want to run this thing MAFless, not for a customer anyways.

Tuner in Training

Banana, you sound like a big magazine reader.

Enlighten us all as to how you tuned this 05 C6 vette?? Im sure other would love to hear.

what does W.O.W. have to do with racing and performance #s?

My car was never there... not sure where your going there.

But yeah, me and BAD LS1 will be down there soon, so make sure to have some examples ready, and BAD LS1 wants to pick your brain about this LS2 tuning etc.... as well as out other buddy chris too.

Tuner in Training

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/...ead.php?t=9641

too keep HPTuners clean, post on him from now on

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by SLOWC5
    Banana, you sound like a big magazine reader.

Enlighten us all as to how you tuned this 05 C6 vette?? Im sure other would love to hear.

what does W.O.W. have to do with racing and performance #s?

My car was never there... not sure where your going there.

But yeah, me and BAD LS1 will be down there soon, so make sure to have some examples ready, and BAD LS1 wants to pick your brain about this LS2 tuning etc.... as well as out other buddy chris too.

well hes on hptuners site & they've been beta testing ls2's for probably 6+ months...not to mention ls2 edit about the same...so if hes a shop like he says he is its very possible. Lets everyone drop it now.

Thanks
    Bill

Tuner in Training

EDITED TO SAVE THE REAL LSx community from having to deal with your B.S. and Lies

See you tonight at 5:30..... We are all heading your way...