Thread: another "oh crap" moment

another "oh crap" moment

Just found this link on another forum and hadn't seen it before:

http://james.semoatvriders.com/Crash...reck1_9_04.wmv

I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

Re: another "oh crap" moment

Oh crap is right!!!

The sparks definitely add something above and beyond your standard crash vid. ;D
    2002 Z51 C5 MN6 Coupe&&SuperMaxx Headers, Vararam, Ti Exhaust

Senior Tuner

Well at least his AFR looked good for the entire run ;D

Ken

Advanced Tuner

damn!!!!!!!!

Senior Tuner

Well, at least he was calm about the whole thing. ;D

Drag racing is a very dangerous hobby. Even slow cars can have accidents..

A little bit of coolant/oil can go a long way in causing you to lose traction on the big end and throw you into a wall.

From watching this video, did his car not seem unsafe from the get go? I do not know the whole story, but from my experience it seems as if his car was searching down the track... perhaps mis alignment or low tire pressure in the rear.

I just got the feeling that the car was unsafe from the start.

I have seen videos of 8 sec vehicles from inside the vehicle and the cars drive themselves down the track. My car drives itself down the track.

I guess just take it as a lesson.. If your car is searching or you have to really massage the wheel to keep it in your lane it would be best to fix the issues first before attempting more passes.

Perhaps this will motivate some to install safety equipment in their vehicles such as roll cages and other devices.. You can never be too careful.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner

Very good point Keith! I got the same impression and wondered why he kept trying to drive down the track. I always tell Jen to ease off the throttle if it is not going right ... besides, you will not be making a record pass after you recover from the mishap. best to take it easy the rest of the way and be able to get another pass later. 8)

great points Keith, it just goes to show why tracks will boot you off if you run a quick pass with no cage etc.

Imagine if this guy had no cage

Off the line it looks a little loose but then seems to come back straight again at about 1/2track, however if you look at where he has the wheel when the car comes straight. He was very slow straightening up the wheel (he didn't actually), then once the car moves left (where he is steering it) you see the major overcorrections that trigger the rollover.

Bad connection between seat of pants and part of brain that moves wheel

I count sheep in hex...

Boy.. thats like being cuddled in your momma's arms compared to the flips we do in sprint cars..

Maybe I need to go squirt racin' again and give up the back breaking stuff..

Pretty cool video though - it captures that 'will this car ever stop' feeling..
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner

I'm thinking if he wouldn't have oversteered and rolled it, he would have ended up into the wall, and pretty hard too. I don't think that was his intent though, maybe more luck than anything.

Definntly eye widening.