Thread: lost tune?

Tuner in Training

lost tune?

I had recently installed a maggie on my 04 gto, tuned it, got everything dialed in, and it sat for a month or so then drove it and the ses came on. checked codes and it showed fuel trims system rich on both banks, so i did a log and now all the ltft are at -14 to -10%. is it possible the tune could have got messed up because i did have to jump the car to get it started? Also now when adjusting my VE tables in the idle area where its about -10% will sutract like 4% then the car just cranks no start and my wideband is showing 18:1 AFR. any info would be apreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    dont know if its true or not but I have seen posted that for people without tuners disconnecting the battery for 1/2 hour or more will reset the fuel trims ?
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like you have a mechanical issue of some sort, tunes don't change once they are flashed into the pcm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I would set your VE table back to where it would start, and see if the fuel trims codes come back.

Tuner in Training
    well I listend to bill and looked for a mechanical issue and I found that the fuel pressure was a little high 63psi and the pressure would drop off to 3psi when I shut the engine down. was able to trace the leak to back in the tank.
    thank you much for your guys' in put!