Thread: no readings from 02s

Tuner

no readings from 02s

I have an issue, I needed to get my truck inspected and the fuel was running 13.2AFR at cruise, making too much emissions. I put HPT to it and did some scans and noticed the 02s are turned off, both seem to be dead to the world and the PCM won't go into closed loop. I believe I may have inadvertantly turned them off somewhere while dinking around with CPIG's how-to guide. Now I can't find how to turn them back on. Anybody know what I may have done to turn them off and have a suggestion on how to get them back on? I'm running a 2002 PCM with a SD tune and 4L80e overlay.
    Last edited by redheartbeat; 02-16-2009 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redheartbeat View Post
    I have an issue, I needed to get my truck inspected and the fuel was running 13.2AFR at cruise, making too much emissions. I put HPT to it and did some scans and noticed the 02s are turned off, both seem to be dead to the world and the PCM won't go into closed loop. I believe I may have inadvertantly turned them off somewhere while dinking around with CPIG's how-to guide. Now I can't find how to turn them back on. Anybody know what I may have done to turn them off and have a suggestion on how to get them back on? I'm running a 2002 PCM with a SD tune and 4L80e overlay.

they are set to work in th etune...next check is physical wiring...
    if you cant see o2 voltage in the scanner then you have a bad connection or wrong connection somewhere...
    too many possibilities to list...
    all I can tell you is start following them back from the sensor itself...look for burnt/broken wiring...
    lastly make sure its going into the correct pins on the pcm..
    also put in a stock file to make sure its not something that happened with the hacked OS for the 4l80....you dont have to drive it...just sit in park and see if you have o2 voltage in the scaner
    -Scott -

Tuner
    I'll try a pair of different sensors then. They were working in the past.

Tuner
    Okay, more information to ponder. The 02 B1S1, O2 B2S1, Inj Duty, and STFT do not register at all. They do not register as even a "0". There seems to be zero feedback. Would that be the PCM, tune, HPTuner interface box or software? I checked the wiring, all was good. I put a bad 02 sensor in place and it ran like total junk. Put a good one back in and it smoothed out so it is doing something with the 02 sensor feedback.