Thread: SC Boost Control...Timer Adder......Whaaaat?

Tuner

SC Boost Control...Timer Adder......Whaaaat?

This question is L67 specific.

What is:
    SC Boost Control > Timer base?
    and
    Timer Adder> TCS on and TCS off?
    and
    Timer max?

This engine is in a 1600 lb car and has a radiator rated at 450 hp. I dont want the system backing off the boost because of coolant temp or after prolonged WOT. This car is for road racing and having boost dropping off is just wrong!
    Scott in San Diego with a L-67 Super Stalker.
    Mods in the next month or so, yeah its a moving target!
    Gen 5 blower, N* throttle body, LQ4 MAF,3.4 pulley for starters.

Potential Tuner
    i recall threads already out there to explain these,

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ht=boost+timer

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ht=boost+timer

hope those threads help, i didnt reread them, but im sure they are the ones that explained it for me.... you need to do searches before posting plz, i like less threads so i can find stuff. all i did was search this area of threads for boost and timer....

Advanced Tuner
    that 2nd thread is particularly interesting besides remembering black gs bringing this up on the regal forum when he was having that issue.

stalker L67 has a similar post on 3800 pro and I mentioned in his thread there that my wifes 98 stock file seemed to have a lot of 0's in it kinda like the post says about the 97 gtp

I guess early cars are less prone to boost dumping

as for starting threads on forums to get questions answered :

Definitions of 'forum'

1. (noun) forum
    a public meeting or assembly for open discussion

2. (noun) forum, assembly, meeting place
    a public facility to meet for open discussion

personally I think a forum should be used as defined above

if that is not its intended purpose then it should be renamed to something like information repository

end of rant
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Advanced Tuner
    Yup... A stock 97 GTP hardly every dumps boost compared to the later years..
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Potential Tuner
    jus saying i hope he read those before making the post- if he had done the search, his questions wouldnt be so general, hed have an exact question about things he still didnt understand. forum or info hole..... it cant hurt to keep this orgnaized, but since you think otherwise murph, heres my useless run-on sentence post :P have a wonderful day

Potential Tuner
    Hmmmmmm someones ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ panties are in a bunch, I'd ship be glad to ship him some Midol if he wants. I always wondered about this myself. I'll have to play with this and see how it helps/hurts run times.

Potential Tuner
    thats an amazing first post, added so much to explain those tables and asks so much too. im not really mad at all. just tried to help u guys use the this forum in a more organized fashion. i dont recall saying much to show im mad (im really not). jus pointed out how murph has me explaining myself. do i not make sense when i say look first? then use the threads already started (reading them helps too), theyll get bumped and get new attention when u post in them. not complicated. im no admin or anything, so feel free to ignore me- especially my comments on you guys, its just my tone.
    sorry for helping