Thread: What do you think about privacy on this board?

What do you think about privacy on this board?

Ok, I removed the last registered member from the main page status bar.

Currently all members must have e-mail showing, there is no option. I can enable it where you can hide your e-mail. What do you guys think about this?

I can also allow guest posting. How about this?

A lot of the information in the OBD field is confidential. Many have info and refuse to share to do NDA and Confidentiality agreements. Perhaps by allowing guest posting and the hiding of e-mails, some people may come forward with info.

Thoughts/Oppinions?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Re: What do you think about privacy on this board?

guest posting is ok as long as its related to the board. If they try to turn it into an off-topic sex chat thing then kill it.. unless they post nekkid gurlz ;D Holding a flash chip of course (wink-wink)

if someone is more comfortable anonymous thats fine.. I know how full email can get with junk and some may just not care to answer off-board which is fine. That will give them the option at least.

Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner in Training

Maybe you should be able to hide E-mail address.

On Guest posting give it a try,If it does not stay to theme of board,change it back.I guess you can do that.

Just a opin.

Lee

Tuner in Training

I think hiding E-mails is important to some. I don't think it so much allows people to hide who they are but actually allows participants to answer questions posed to the group(not limiting who can provide the answer). This stops repeat questions (hopefully) and keeps the lists business on the list. It also keeps people from filling up your inbox.

The guest thing is something we should try but I amnot hopeful that the maturity level will be there.

John

Ok, thanks for the input.

You can now hide your e-mail address and guest posting is allowed.. If it gets out of hand I can easily fix it.

Just going to bump this one to the top..

Few notes:
    New members do not show up as a "new member". New signups are confidential until they decide to post.

Users have the option of hiding their e-mail.

The member list is not accessible to anyone.

Regarding confidentiality.
    I will not reveal the IP of any member nor their e-mail address.

I will not release an e-mail list..

In short, I will not release ANY information regarding the members that do post here or the anonymous viewers that read the forums.

The only information that is public is what information you as a member allow to be seen.

The reasons I bump this to the top and add some of this info are as follows.
    I want to avoid the fear some people have of releasing valuable information. You have the ability to post as a guest if you like without anyone knowing you who are and nobody can track you.

Thank you for your support.

- Keith Prociuk