Thread: very odd

very odd

ok im not sure whats going on, or is it the fact that my car is an auto or what. i had like 6 tunes including the stock tune, and still i cant ever do a burn out, my 0-60mph is still any where from 9 to 10.5 seconds (wich is extreamly slow) and i was playing around with the tourque reduction in my tranny and in my engine and it didnt change any thing, 0-60 times were still the same. im not getting it what so ever, not sure if theres a problem or whats going on. and with the mods i have it should be alot better than it is.
    wierd........ but if you gys have any idea on what is going on please help

car: 2002 camaro
    engine:3800 series II
    transmission: 4L60E
    rearend gears: 3.42
    weight of car: not sure but guestimating around 3600 lbs

mods to engine: HPTuners tune, full exhaust headers on back, full msd ignition, Bosh +4 iridium plugs, custome air intake with ram air(SLP intake), throttle body spacer, 160* thermostat, dexcool anti freez with royal purple aditive, K&N oil and air filter, PLX Devices wide band 02 sensor, royal purple oil.

soon to come:comp cams roller lifters, manley push rods, comp cams custome grind cam

cam specs: Duration (Intake/Exhaust): 210°/220° @ .050"
    Valve Lift (w/1.66 Rocker): .533"/.544"
    Lobe Sep. Angle: 113°

hoping the cam will wake my car up
    Last edited by Josh Hapka; 04-07-2009 at 09:25 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Might want to post your tune & a scanner log.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

ok... there we go

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    First thing I notice is your map is only reading 88-90kpa which is a bit low, I would say you have an intake restriction.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Log your MAP sensor reading "key on--Engine OFF", it should be the same as what your local airport would report. Otherwise, as Bill stated, you've got a problem there.
    2009 Cadillac CTS-V 196.7 MPH on the Salt
    Superflow SF600 FlowBench -- Superflow Autodyn 30 Chassis Dyno -- Superflow SF901 Engine Dyno--RaceLogic Emulator -- MikiPro Logic Emulator -- ASNU Injector Flow Bench --

and i will also check and make sure i aint got a leak in any of the hoses, also it might be that my MAP sensor is going bad, also what is it suppose to get up to,, its a N/A motor?

ok did the checking and the hoses are good, the sensor is good, and i also checked it with a 97 firebird 3800 sieries II, and it ran 89kpa just like mine.... and when i was reading the shop manual it says that it runs 104 at sea level and being the fact that i live in montana wich is 3334 feet above sea level not sure if that is the case, but not sure if theres any other reason y. it wouldnt be my maf sensor would it?

heres the 97 firebird map sensor scan.

ok either something is wrong with my car or something is sieriously wrong with the tune.... that same 97 firebird wich is my dads, has the exact same. mods as i do except i have the hptuners computer tune and my dads bird has the factory tune. and we have equivelent wieght, except he wieghs more than me but the cars are about the same. and we raced.... i tried 4 dif. tunes and the results were the same, i would lose by at the least 2 car lengths.... now i know that that shouldnt happen... any ideas on why this is?

Have you checked everything mechanically? Any low cyl.'s?

www.thetuningschool.com 727-264-8875

Written specifically for HP Tuners and your LS based vehicle.

Learn at home, or at one of our live seminars!

ok just so everyone knows, we went through the whole car.... compression check to checking the msd coils to injectors to fuel pump everything and this is what we found out

compression was good and so was everything else except 2 thing...

when we did the fuel test it put out 44psi when it should be at a min of 48psi, and when we tested the injectors its only suppose to drop down 1.5 psi at the max.... well mine went from 44 down to 16 for every injector except one it droped to 14 wich means..... there screwd well be on the point of being screwd.... its amazing the damn thing even runs. so i got a new highflow fuel pump and injectors on the way to fix that problem.... so ya thats the problem... thanks all.