Thread: WInbin Ecu's?

Potential Tuner

WInbin Ecu's?

hey, does anyone know where I can find some more Ecu's for winbin other than the ones that it ships with?

TIA
    1990 Z24 - stock&&1989 Z24- 3.1/3400 hybrid soon to be tuned by owner

Re: WInbin Ecu's?

yup. There's quite a few on the diy-efi ftp site

http://diy-efi.org/incoming
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner in Training

Diy-efi has been down for a while now, at least the FTP side of it.

Any where else?

I have another question that kinda pertains to this:

WHat is in the .ecu files? I would think the mask is in that file, but what else is needed that is in these types of files?

And if there is not an .ecu file for an ECM I'd like to use, what would one have to do to get the proper info and create this file?
    The Raven: Under Construction&&\"James\" 3.2L turbocharged intercooled hybrid, GM Performance cam, custom headers, MPFI, more to come.&&&&\"Speed costs, How fast do you want to go?\"

Tuner in Training

The loss of the DIY FTP site would be very unfortunate, I hope that it does come back online, but it has been down for quite a while now.

I have a selection of .ecu files available on my website, although typically, Winbin .ecu files are really not that accurate and certainly not complete by any means (much of this has to do with the limitations of Winbin software).
    If you would like to explore an example a "complete" definition for a 32k binary, you may want to check out software I developed (GMPCM). It uses a more advanced definition file format (PCM file), and therefore offers many features that software such as Winbin could not achieve. Since GMPCM can import a Winbin .ecu file directly, you are no longer limited to using an older software interface that is not currently supported.

In general, developing a definition of a GM binary file requires a disassembly of the binary, with a subsequent "hack" of the data area addresses within the code. Luckily, much of this work has already been done to at least some extent, with the resulting defined areas enclosed in a file that packages the address locations and other data in a software specific format. With the appropriate software, the definition file will provide the user with an easy to use interface for modifying data areas of interest within the binary code.

There is also a selection of PCM files available for download on my website. Most of these were based on information indirectly aquired from GM, and are therefore the most accurate and complete definitions of GM code available at this time.

Tuner in Training

I have GMPCM, at least the evaluation that you have for DL. ;D

Thanks for the info, there is a certain PCM I will be looking into to use, but so far I have not been able to find any specific info on it, not even a service number or the type of PCM that it is, the one I want to use eventually is the Camaro 3.4L PCM, but for a manual, I'd like to have the SFI side of it, and if need be, I'll try and decifer it as I go, for now I will be using a 730 or maybe a 749 and starting with something that is already hacked, to learn.

I also responded to your post in the Basics forum.
    The Raven: Under Construction&&\"James\" 3.2L turbocharged intercooled hybrid, GM Performance cam, custom headers, MPFI, more to come.&&&&\"Speed costs, How fast do you want to go?\"

Tuner in Training

Open mouth, stick foot in.

I just noticed that there seems to be some info on the PCM I am look at using, on...umm... this site, in the flash files page.

Now I just have to see what I can do with it to use it with my turbo V6 engines ;D

Potential Tuner

does anybody know whats wrong with mecanic's GMPCM website? maybe another link?

i try to open/download it for two days now, but no success...