Thread: 95 Cavalier 2.3L - OBD I or II

Tuner in Training

95 Cavalier 2.3L - OBD I or II

Hey everybody, yes I'm very basic in the electrical aspect; although I am a gear head. Anyway, I have a buddy of mine that is an electrical engineer and knows all about these codes and how to read and manipulate them. I am turbocharging soon and I want to make my cars fuel system, timing, vacuum, sensor signals changed to accomidate the turbo system. Does anybody have a printout or some info that will assist me in doing so. ???
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    P.s., is my comp. a I or II?? :-/

Re: 95 Cavalier 2.3L - OBD I or II

95 cav.. cool...
    93 and 2002 here..
    the 95 is a bastard year.. it has some of both systems in it..
    I am pretty sure its a 68HC11 - possibly the dual one - but it uses OBDII codes..
    The data stream is still 8192 I'm pretty sure..
    Have you managed to get the bin file yet? I'm sure we could help hack it out for you if you did..

oh.. and drag your friend over here too.. the more the merrier!
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner in Training

Robo, thanks for that bit of info. But again I have to sadly ??? throw my hands in the air. I'm sure my friend understands quite a bit more than I, definetly. As for the data stream 8192, where do I go to locate the these so called bin files. Again I'm very sorry, I am really basic when It comes to these codes and numbers and what not.....Please help me out Robo...... :

the problem with 4cyl cars is nobody mods the computer. The one thing that could make a world of difference nobody is even interested in. Can your friend pull a bin file off of flash memory? Ask him if he thinks he can... If so then we have a start. If not then I am still looking for bin files or donation computers to pull info from.. thats the only way we are going to get the unwanted cars modified right. :P
    Where do you live? Maybe somebody near you can get the file off your PCM and we can then search out the goodies on it.

BTW.. if ANYBODY has a 4cyl computer/chip/bin file they can donate that would be VERY useful..
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Tuner in Training

Thats really funny because my friend keeps asking me when I'm going to give him my computer. He was saying the same thing. He wanted to take the other comp. and read everything and decode it. I just have to go to a junk yard and find the same car and year and all and give it to him, but if you do know of any other info. it would be great. Thanks Robo. Keep me informed as I will with you. ;D

thats whats needed.. the bin file off the flash or EPROM
    Nobody has ever done 4 cyl's it seems....
    So we are breaking new ground.. but tuners and their cars desperately need that kind of stuff...

As I'm sure you have found there is alot of v8 stuff out there already. We are trying to get the obscure stuff so everybody has a good source of info for their car..

Tuner in Training

Definetly Robo, I'm sick of the V8 stuff out there and nothing for the 4's. I'll get cracking. Thanks Robo. I'll keep you informed. ;D

Robo.......I have the bin. Honest to God. I have it in my WinHex program. One thing though, I need you to
    e mail me. I need to talk to you.

you got mail!

Tuner in Training

Robo, how do I upload the file, or do you want me to send it to you??