Thread: 94 Chevy S-10 2.2L

Potential Tuner

94 Chevy S-10 2.2L

Hey everyone... first post here, but I've been reading some of the other posts, and I think someone here can help.

I've got a 94 S-10 with a 2.2L, and I'm looking to modify the image a little... I've already got a superchip for it, so I'm not looking to get much more performance, maybe just fine tune a little bit specifically for some of my mods, and mainly, if this is possible, to adjust the speedometer for my different wheel size.

I've got an EPROM programmer and eraser, extra 27c512's, and everything I need to burn the chip, but I'm just a little unsure what to change. I've already dumped the ROMs of my stock chip and the superchip, and I've done a little comparing, but really I don't know what I'm looking at. Does anyone have any info on the 2.2 rom? The chip series (or whatever it's called) is BHFL.

Thanks for any help!

DogP

Re: 94 Chevy S-10 2.2L

that should be real close to the 2.2 cavy setup. 94 unfortunately is completely different than 93 and I havent ever looked at one. Theres an EEPROM and tranny code in the 94's on cavaliers.. dunno about the trucks

If you want to post the stock bin file or email it to me that might be useful for both of us ;D
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Potential Tuner

Re: 94 Chevy S-10 2.2L

I emailed you the dump, and I guess my main question would be is it possible to change the speedometer for different size tires by modifying the ROM? Or would I need to put a piece of hardware in that changes the actual signal to the speedo?

And I'm not 100% sure on this, but people on other forums have told me that the 94-95 S-10's have the same engine and electronics as the first generation 2.2 (whenever the 2.2 was introduced through 93) Thanks!

DogP