Thread: 98LS1 checksum locations

98LS1 checksum locations

The checksum locations are a bit different in 98 vs 99UP...

Are they calculated the same way as 99up?

Location?

Tuner in Training

Re: 98LS1 checksum locations

Yes, they are totally different as the Flash is not 'segmented' like the later stuff.
    Given HP Tuners are reflashing them I'm sure one of those guys will post the answer for you.

I found it... I will post it tommorrow...

I know it looks like a 32 bit checksum.. now all its left is how to calc it

sum all words excluding 4000-8000, excluding the stored checksum itself and excluding the OS ID.

The result should equal the stored checksum.

I count sheep in hex...

NICE AND THANKS!!! never thought you were going to post it?

Tuner in Training

Wow, I registered on this site a long time ago when the URL was different. I am glad to see at least they are posting answers to the hacking questions...

Whilst we know a great deal about the various code versions and the hardware, i'm the first to admit we don't know *everything*. Also, we can certainly understand peoples reluctance to post information on this site. However, i honestly hope this doesn't degenerate into an "us" and "them" style Q&A section... we have questions too y'know

We will always post this kind of information whenever possible but you have to understand that at the moment we are being bombarded by 100's of emails an PM's of "when are you going to support year/make XYZ and why don't you this and that..." - time is our enemy at the moment...

Understanding the operation of the thing is definitely the most interesting and fun part for me and often i am astonished by the number of things the VCM actually does and also how it does them.

I count sheep in hex...

There is a bit of reluctance because all of the sudden this became a business, while I know that many of the knowledge comes from you 3 guys, this site was envision by many as a $50 cable system for everyone and instead it is a $3k system for just 3 cars, like magnus envisioned once... And there hasn't been any help or discount to the original members of the board, where while some didn't provide much technical info many provided hardware and tips on where and how to get things etc. So people feel that whatever its posted by them it will be used "against" them since it will be sold. Its hard to give info and tip and then have to "buy" that again for your use, because maybe you lack some PC programming knowledge to get it all done correctly.

Heck I can reprogram 98ls1 pcm and I have all the calibration info.. I could easily provide you with a log on how to do this and all the cal info so many people here can enjoy it,but the checksum was the last thing I needed, how to calc the checksum... Have I finished it? No! why? time. patience, $, and being able to collaborate with coleagues helping me out and many other things... I am not trying to compete with you nor anyone I just needed a flash system that didn't cost me $8k to start a business, and I have yet to see a "promise" made about "deep discounts to the original members of the board"... Heck I got my SPS system for 1k and I can reprogram almost any car, i know its stock but I can. In that case I can provide a factory stock cal for $50 bucks to whomever it needs it...

Dont get me wrong I know knowledge is $, but... $5k-$8k for a single program its hard when its an uncertain market and the costumers are not known.... I still have 3 ls1edit licenses left over 6 months ago that I bought them and haven't been able to get people involved because I dont have my car to prove my "abilities" and because I have to charge WAY over 500 to get the investment back and that scares people away.

This forum was for the DIY...