Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Limplimplimp Be Gone!

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    post your modded tables
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Here are mine. Not sure what boost this gives me yet though, since I haven't loaded the tune on the car.

oh i get it now awesome im poundin 30 for the dyno and 26 for the street if i can 8D
    what do i send support to get this again i fergot

after all my head work i could redline to like 9k 8D

Advanced Tuner
    Send them the S/n and your customer number I believe. Make it titled as bosch overboost beta.

Advanced Tuner
    I know this is the wrong place, but can someone post up a quick screen shot, or tell me what i need in my table to log boost and WB in the scanner? I had it set up, and a file corrupted and i lost it all, and now i cannot find half of what I had in my table.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    Here are mine. Not sure what boost this gives me yet though, since I haven't loaded the tune on the car.
    the tables dont' control boost, they are just the thresholds for the overboost test. set the RPM really high disables the complete test so it doesn't matter what you put in the other tables.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, i realized that just now, lol. This allows us to up the DAL's more, right?

BTW... I am having a ton of trouble with the scanner right now. Seems like I am missing half the parameters I need to run a config file i have made up.

very nice, can't wait to play with this tonight. My friend with the gt3076r 09 is gonna be happy.
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

will also be testing tonight.

I will set the over/under boost test to 8k on a stock tune. then I will install my aem true boost boost controller again and do all my boost adjustments via the controller rather than changing the dal tables. the reason I will try this is because no matter what I do to the dal tables I will always see between 20-22psi. I am hoping that the aem controller will keep everything closed (wastegate) until I want it to open. if it does with no problems then I need to figure out why my boost sol. will not stay closed. any ideas?
    Last edited by boostking; 07-23-2009 at 07:11 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I hope I am not to late I sent my email to support.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by boostking View Post

I will set the over/under boost test to 8k on a stock tune. then I will install my aem true boost boost controller again and do all my boost adjustments via the controller rather than changing the dal tables. the reason I will try this is because no matter what I do to the dal tables I will always see between 20-22psi. I am hoping that the aem controller will keep everything closed (wastegate) until I want it to open. if it does with no problems then I need to figure out why my boost sol. will not stay closed. any ideas?
    I am having this problem as well. IDK what i can do to fix it.

u should use the factory solenoid to control that. i would

Advanced Tuner

Is this on the factory guage? If so it's probably a limit of the MAP sensor that's sending to the guage. If you're reading off of a mechanical guage, then disregard.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
    Is this on the factory guage? If so it's probably a limit of the MAP sensor that's sending to the guage. If you're reading off of a mechanical guage, then disregard.
    this reading is from a digital aem gauge off the manifold. boost will not increase above 20-22psi nor will my maf read more than 33lbs/min even at 320 dal's. a dejon sri is on the car. I may put the stock air box on to see if there is a change. I may start a new thread about this concern because it seems like multiple people have this problem.

yeah we had that problem with the stock boost control on the big turbo too.
    Only issue I'm still having was the underboost/overboost crap
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

Quote Originally Posted by black06g85 View Post
    yeah we had that problem with the stock boost control on the big turbo too.
    Only issue I'm still having was the underboost/overboost crap
    I know all about the over/under boost bs with big turbos lol.

how did you fix your boost concern? did you use an aftermarket controller

yeah using a 2 stage MBC.

I use a dejon mbc to control my boost, works fine.
    2011 Camaro SS. LS3/630rwhp n/a

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    the tables dont' control boost, they are just the thresholds for the overboost test. set the RPM really high disables the complete test so it doesn't matter what you put in the other tables.
    Chris I set the RPMs to 7000 and still having the overboost issue

Advanced Tuner
    this reading is from a digital aem gauge off the manifold. boost will not increase above 20-22psi nor will my maf read more than 33lbs/min even at 320 dal's. a dejon sri is on the car. I may put the stock air box on to see if there is a change. I may start a new thread about this concern because it seems like multiple people have this problem.
    Log your VE airflow. The MAF flow can be 36-37 lbs/min on the stock turbo but I have yet to see a log where there was more than 30 lbs/min VE airflow on the stock turbo. I have seen logs were MAF flow was 38 lbs/min but VE airflow was 28.6 lbs/min. My car sees 33-34 lbs/min MAF flow and 30 lbs/min VE airflow. MAF flow is skewed by intakes. Look at the VE airflow.