Thread: How do I hook up a Wide Band to the scanner?

Tuner

How do I hook up a Wide Band to the scanner?

I notice that in the histograms there is one for support and monitoring of a WB O2 sensor. I have an Innovate LM-1 Wideband and get good readings with it stand alone, but how would I hook this into the HP Tuners scanner so that it will log the sensor voltage vs the RPM.s?

Do you have the Pro/EIO version of HPT?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Do you have the Pro/EIO version of HPT?
    I have the standard HP Tuners VCM suite but on the scanner, a histogram shows for a wideband O2 sensor and also for the narrowband as well. If I cannot use the std version then why is the histogram there?

you cant use the standard version and a wideband without wiring the wideband into the EGR or A/C. basically its semi-permenant on the vehicle after doing so. you will have to set up a custom HISTO for this.

with the pro version you just wire it to the EIO and you are done. the default histos are the same for the standard and pro, doesnt mean they work.

What would be cool is if we could use the logging software that comes with the wideband sensor and bring the info into HP without actually hooking up to the HP unit.