Thread: C6 A6 shift RPM's too high?

C6 A6 shift RPM's too high?

I did a couple of logs fron the stock tune and the new "tranny tune". It looks like the torque management and the drop in timing has been fixed with the new tune

One thing I did notice in the logs of the stock and tuned is that the shift rpm was higher than I expected. I didn't touch the shiftpoints from stock tune so I checked the shift rpm on the stock tune and noticed it was calling for 6400 rpm on the 1-2, 2-3 and 6300 rpm on 3-4, 4-5. Is it supposed to be that high?

Also please check out the logs on the launch it still takes a while to get going
    Pewter 2000 SS A4
    T-Rex Cam (242/248), Hooker LT's, 3" X-pipe Duals, Fast 90, NW 90mm TB, Yank PT4800, 4.30 gear, etc....
    Black 08 C6 A6 Z51
    Mostly stock

Quote Originally Posted by BAIN View Post
    I did a couple of logs fron the stock tune and the new "tranny tune". It looks like the torque management and the drop in timing has been fixed with the new tune

One thing I did notice in the logs of the stock and tuned is that the shift rpm was higher than I expected. I didn't touch the shiftpoints from stock tune so I checked the shift rpm on the stock tune and noticed it was calling for 6400 rpm on the 1-2, 2-3 and 6300 rpm on 3-4, 4-5. Is it supposed to be that high?

Also please check out the logs on the launch it still takes a while to get going
    Thiose RPM points are stock for the LS3 vette's.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0