Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you prefer to tune for part throttle with the narrowbands or with a wideband?

I use the trims as well (too lazy to integrate my LC-1 WB into my car ) but wonder, without a wideband, is there a magic way to validate the O2's are g to spec and the several O2 tables are programmed properly?

I left all that stock but see there are tables like rich/lean vs. airflow and mode vs airflow which I am not sure about. I believe they compensate for changes in airflow which at the low g/s, the O2 sensors take longer to toggle rich to lean and lean to rich (or less samples per second) so they lower those points a bit to increase the granularity for the PCM.

Not sure if I explaned myself clearly

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 08-30-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Personally I prefer to just completely tune the VE and MAF with the wideband and I have plenty of faith in my WB as I have the most accurate wideband out there for the money with the AFX.

I always do my whole tunes in open loop, from idle to part throttle to wot tuning and then renable closed loop and my STFTs are always within 1-2% at the most of what my AFR error was in open loop so I am happy with that.
    2017 Silverado LTZ

Advanced Tuner
    If you have a wideband tune everything with your wideband. If you tune VE with STFT's than why would not tune your MAF with STFT's? That doesn't make much sense at all. Obviously you need a wideband to tune anything besides 14.7:AFR. I have newer corvette rear bosch o2 sensors and those POS do not switch worth a crap on a cammed car. I get insufficient switching codes so I always run open loop. The only way I would trust your narrowband sensors if you see that they can switch decently at low rpms.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitroused383 View Post
    I have newer corvette rear bosch o2 sensors and those POS do not switch worth a crap on a cammed car. I get insufficient switching codes so I always run open loop. The only way I would trust your narrowband sensors if you see that they can switch decently at low rpms.
    I agree, I think those sensors are junk. I have ran into that myself. The factory sensor with the proper extension harness ist he way to go.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)