Thread: Windows Mobile

Windows Mobile

How about a version of Suite that runs under Windows Mobile using .NET framework? Who cares if it's a chopper that runs almost as fast as the average desktop version and what else would you rather work on while your wife is taking her time in the shoe store? The convinience of keeping the whole setup locked in the GC or center console would be worth it!
    Last edited by passingpower; 09-10-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Sounds like a good idea....need something to do while im at work anyway

Senior Tuner
    even just having scanner capability on my windows mobile phone would be sweet...if I could edit a tune I'd be happier...but using it as a diagnostic tool wuold be my main desire

We've been kicking around some ideas similar to these.

This year we've been increasing our engineering staff and really working hard on 2.24. We've made many improvements to our code that should allow 2.24 to scan most 96+ OBD-II compliant vehicles, excluding 96-~04 ford (which will be fixed in the next firmware release).

With the additional resources and improved core framework of our software we should be able to release some cool diagnostic gadgets across multiple platforms in the 2010 year.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    You guys are on top of everything thanks!!!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post

This year we've been increasing our engineering staff and really working hard on 2.24. We've made many improvements to our code that should allow 2.24 to scan most 96+ OBD-II compliant vehicles, excluding 96-~04 ford (which will be fixed in the next firmware release).

With the additional resources and improved core framework of our software we should be able to release some cool diagnostic gadgets across multiple platforms in the 2010 year.
    That's great news!!!

Like full VCM scanner capabilities on 96+ or just DTC's?
    Ted/SkullV
    2005 Redline CTS-V

You should be able to scan all the basic SAE parameters.

Unfortunately that includes only the basics, and its very slow.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    im plus 1 on the windows mobile stuff, i have been trying to get FJO to release something to control my FJO from my smart phone as well, sure would be nice to not lug this laptop around. lol

plus the "COOL" factor would be amazing!!

I don't care how slow it is. Can't be worse than my old ELM SCANner.

Tuner
    You should be able to scan all the basic SAE parameters.

Unfortunately that includes only the basics, and its very slow.
    The older PCM's make it slower? Or is the program more resource intense and I need to be on the lookout for a faster laptop?
    Murphy's Laws of War:
    Bullets Have The Right-Of-Way
    Friendly Fire....Isnt
    If It Is Strong Enough The Enemy Cant Get In....You Cant Get Out
    Tracers Point Both Ways

I have one too, not much IS slower than that old dog!

Quote Originally Posted by passingpower View Post
    I don't care how slow it is. Can't be worse than my old ELM SCANner.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Heres a little snippet I thought would be slightly relevant for this thread http://www.newsweek.com/id/216788
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by A_W_O_L View Post
    The older PCM's make it slower? Or is the program more resource intense and I need to be on the lookout for a faster laptop?
    Ever scanned a 2007 Shelby GT500? I don't know what makes it slow, but its slow.. Its definately not the laptop either. Possibly because they use PowerPC chips (just poking fun at old macs while I can). Err uh wait, I own a Xbox360.. Damn these chips are everywhere.. But yeah, 266mhz PowerPC in the Gt500.. If you own a laptop that has a lower clock speed than 2x the car's ECM.. then sure.. upgrade.

On the WinMo side.. It seems FTDI has had these drivers for a while.. So thats a huge plus. That would be the first step in making this happen. and its already done. You could run into slow downs with this setup.. like a slower phone running HpT and then receiving a call. Are these phones even capable of providing power to a usb device? Better yet, could the ODBII power the hptuners and also charge the phone?

I don't know about iPhones.. if the Mac OS X driver would work on them or not. My guess, is no - since the iPhone is an ARM processor as opposed to x86-64/x86. It also isn't very friendly with .NET.

I don't think the editor could be full featured, for many reasons - one being the various input mistakes someone could make. A simple flashing utility would have to be used with a bit more caution.. as its possible for the device to read slower from the memory card than it can write to the car.. or even worse, go into standby mode while the car is being flashed..

As you can tell.. I'm pumped about this.. By the time it comes around, 528mhz should be the standard for CPUs in these phones.. RAM/ROM will allow a storage card file to be copied to a temp directory before being flashed (without incident) - actually, most new phones have a large amount of RAM/ROM.. Tackling the usb power would be as simple as splitting the data and power from the usb into two separate connectors.. Allowing the phone and hpt device to be powered from an external source (car charger) - this way you could keep the screen on without battery loss!

You guys kick ass.. Hopefully Microsoft doesn't C-block you from putting it into the new MS Store. heh.
    Last edited by Blades; 10-07-2009 at 06:30 PM.
    2006 Trailblazer SS - Stalled, Cammed, Tuned, Turbo'd, Built, and Stroked.
    Runs on cash, blood, sweat, and tears...... and 93 octane.

2007 Cadillac STS-V - Stock.

Senior Tuner
    Thought I'd bump this one back.

I've switched to Android, but I'd still love a means of scanning/logging with the phone. There's other apps/programs to do it, but they're very generic, and really only useful for DTC's...HPTuners has much more potential.

Potential Tuner
    in again as well.