Thread: Issues With 98 Vette & Taller Tire on Front

Potential Tuner

Issues With 98 Vette & Taller Tire on Front

Heres what we're trying to deal with here: 98 Vette, we have a taller tire than what came originally on the car on the front.The problem is NOW the traction control is coming on @ 58 mph.We would like to know how to deal with this problem vs having to wait for the problem to occur then push the traction control button.If there is no way to deal with this with the software,is there a way to permanently do away with hte traction control WITHOUT having lights come on on the dash? Thanks in advance!:

Advanced Tuner
    change the tire size to what you are now running in your tune under the speedo tab
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    change the tire size to what you are now running in your tune under the speedo tab
    that wont work. the ecm is looking for a specific ratio of front to rear wheel speeds. didn't that model give you an option to turn off traction control ?

Senior Tuner
    That may be an issue in the ABS module, but I could be wrong???

If not, your other option is just to repin the pcm connectors, and use a '99-'03 pcm. The good thing is that this is a pretty easy swap for the C5, and doesn't require any special segment swaps (like the fuel segment swap for the '98 F-Body). Just repin, put in the new pcm, and start tuning.
    Last edited by RWTD; 09-20-2009 at 02:11 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Issues With 98 Vette & Taller Tire on Front

All vet's Brake Control Module expect to see about 5/8" taller tire on the back than on the front. There is no work around in the software. You could buy a speedo signal conditioner from Speco, you will need 2 because the vet abs is 4 channel and change the speed signal the % you need to show with a tech2 that all 4 wheels are indicating the same speed.
    Mark
    Mark

Potential Tuner
    I have a 98 Vette with the same issue. I resolved the problem by:
    1. Look down on my center console.
    2. Find a round button with a funny simbol on it.
    3. Push it.
    4. PROFIT!
    98 C5 (White Trash), Twin Turdbo, 95% complete.
    70 Camaro RS/SS (No MSG), 454 for now, LS1 h/c/nitrous on engine stand.
    05 STi (Rice Tea eye), Rice Mawds only.
    04 CTS-v (Fat Bastard), Rear Diff exploding mawds.
    98 Durango (POO = Poddles of Oil)