Thread: Help Finishing up MAF tune for Powerdyne

Tuner in Training

Help Finishing up MAF tune for Powerdyne

97 Firebird w/ ~5# Powerdyne.

Ok, So I went through and part throttle tuned following RussK's OL Maf tuning guide, got most of the part throttle cells to 0, with some at 1 and -1. Then I WOT tuned using my configured histogram to only see values at TPS>98%...got those values to mostly zeros and ones also. So far so good....BUT...

1. I noticed that when I went WOT and looked at an unconfigured histogram that some of my part throttle cells were reading negative values up to -8 when I had them dialed in before...is this normal? What might cause this?

2. Should I now just use the smooth feature to smooth out my MAF curve, or leave it rough?

3. I have my Base AFR vs. ECT set to 11.5 and using the stock PE Enable TPS values....should I use the Add vs. RPM to pull a little fuel in the areas where I might not see boost since the PE Enable TPS is as low as 50% in some areas or just let it go 11.5? I know letting it go 11.5 will be safer...would there be any gains from leaning it out a bit if I am not seeing boost?

My computer died before I could go WOT in closed loop to see what my Fuel trims did...maybe I can do that tomorrow...

Attached is the Tune as it sits now, and the 2nd to last scan when I went WOT, for some reason I forgot to save my last scan after the last time I went WOT.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Tuner in Training
    anybody?