Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Need help with my lnf

Unhappy Need help with my lnf

Ok, i have been having some issues with my gm stage 1 lnf cobalt. Long story short, my car doesnt pull as hard as it used to and it seems to be lacking power in all gears. What i mean by this is that it seems to build boost but once it hits max boost it doesnt pull as hard. My mods are gms1, k&n sri(I had this problem way before i put the intake on), dejon hotside pipes, synapse intercooler, Clearimage 3" catted dp and 3" catback. I have had it to the dealer many times and they just keep replacing parts but they dont know whats wrong. So far they have replaced lower gms1 map sensor, vacuum tank, bpv solenoid and i have a new bpv rebuild kit on the way. Im wondering if you guys can look at the log and maybe point me in the right direction. All my sensors look like they are performing up to specs. I do hear what seems to be a high pitch squeel when i hit about 15psi and in the higher rpms, but i only hear it with the intake on. When i put the stock intake on, I cant hear it. I have double checked and the intake is on tight and the noise seems to be coming from inside the turbo.

Thanks in advance

Attachment 25361

Attachment 25362
    Last edited by DoMiStIc_RuSh_06; 09-26-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Got the log to open with my cfg here, your fuel trims are so far off you are pulling timing all over the place. -5 LTFT and STFT's waaaaay negative. Start by working on correcting the LTFT's first by multiplying the entire MAF freq table by 0.95 and getting them close to 0.

There is some kind of issue with your ETC, I see a lot of noise spikes off of idle at times, what's up with that?
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 09-26-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Yeah..... But there must be a reason for the fuel trims being so negative....

Also I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the noise spikes for my etc....thats my electronic throttle control correct?

What could be wrong with it?

You can post your tune & cfg sometime, but yes, it's your Electronic Throttle. Add ETC pedal to your table so we can see what your foot is doing. Here's a screen cap of the noise spikes I'm talking about... Looks like a throttle body or pedal issue to me.

Do you think that could be causing my issues?

I do have flutter to..... Not alot but it's there.

Advanced Tuner
    IAB, look at his second log, it's his foot!

Dude, those are some horrible looking logs! The maf, fueling, ign timing, cam timing, everything is all over the place. I'd go back as stock as you can and start over. That intake must be really screwing with the maf readings. Get it figured out before you kill that motor.

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Well I see in the second log the pdl is changing close to in sync, but it could be a dirty potentiometer on the pedal just off of idle.

I have driven my car with these conditions for 15k kms.....Like i say, i had thses issues before i put the intake on so i know its not that. I may throw the stock intake on today and log it just to see it the fueltrims go somewhat normal. I was talking to terminator2 and he said that with the kn short ram, my fuel trims should be anywheres from +5-+6 and mine are -3 to -6. \Would that mean that i have a leak somewhere. Would a boost leak put my fueltrims in negative and a vac leak put them in positive? or is it vice versa. When i go home for thanksgiving, im gonna put my stock cp and ic on just to see if it makes any difference then ill log it. I cant see any sense in changing the exhaust back to stock because i dont think that has anything to do with my issue.

Like i have posted above in the op, i can hear an air leak and it sounds like its coming from inside the turbo. The leak can only be heard with the intake on but my intake is on tight, i have checked and double checked. The only thing i can think of is that my bpv is weak and not closing all the way. Would this cause the conditions im having now?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post

Dude, those are some horrible looking logs! The maf, fueling, ign timing, cam timing, everything is all over the place. I'd go back as stock as you can and start over. That intake must be really screwing with the maf readings. Get it figured out before you kill that motor.
    Dude, im trying trust me....I have been to 5 dealers and none of them have a clue whats going on. I have been to my home town dealer everyother week since april. I want this to be fixed more then you know......Any suggestions on where to start looking. Like i said, the dealer has replaced the lower map sensor, vacuum tank, bpv solenoid, soldered the connections to the gms1 sensors and there is now a bpv on the way. I honestly dont know what else it could be. I inspected the turbo and the turbine is fine, there wasnt any chips in the blades, the turbine spins freely. I cant see the waste gate being the problem unless the actuator has a leak in it or there is a leak somewhere in the system. If it was a vacuum leak, my car would idle like shit, but it doesnt so i dunno.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok there is definately something strange going on every time you roll into the throttle the ETC sine waves like mad and the car goes rich. What I would suggest is to have the dealer or you put the stock sensors back on the car and reflash your stock non stage 1 tune into the car and see if that issue goes away. If it does not go away than you know it is a hard parts issue on the car. I think it is related to the tune or the sensors being installed incorrectly but the fuel trims still suggest to me a boost leak as they are off about 10-15% from where they normally are with that intake you have. It is not the WG because that is on the exhaust side and would not be a boost leak (not of the intake air anyway) so it should not have any effect on the fuel trims.
    Last edited by Terminator2; 09-27-2010 at 10:14 AM.

If there is a boost leak, wouldn't it cause the car to run rich at idle and off of idle..... I'll check with my dealer and see what they say....I'm just gonna wait till my bpv comes in and web I get them to install that, I'll see if they would flash my car back to stock with the stock sensors.....if not, I could probably do that myself where I have hp tuners? Even tho I don't wanna get into that. I think next weekend I'm gonna put my stock cp and ic on along with my stock intake.

I'm so dissappointed in this car...it has given me so many headaches in the last 9months. All I want is to get this fixed so I can enjoy the car.

I'm also gonna try and get a better log for you today....I was playing around with the throttle with the last log to try and recreate this wierd sound the turbo was making when it would blow off and I'd hit the throttle again....

My bpv just came it.... Should I let the dealer install it or should I do it myself.

Advanced Tuner
    is the ic cracked like others have had with the synapse?

I don't believe so....I had a couple pin holes in the inlet weld and I have had them re welded and it seems fine.....I'm gonna throw the stock ic Back on next weekend and re log.... Getting my new bpv put on Thursday so I'll keep everyone posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Well I see in the second log the pdl is changing close to in sync, but it could be a dirty potentiometer on the pedal just off of idle.
    Is there a way to clean this or check this out.... Willing to try suggestions.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMiStIc_RuSh_06 View Post
    Is there a way to clean this or check this out.... Willing to try suggestions.
    Never taken it off but I woud imagine a few bolts and disconnect the wire harness from pedal take it out and use contact cleaner or electrical connection cleaner.

Hmmmm......my car is working like a bag of shit today.....I'm
    Gonna do another log tonight and I'll post it.

heres my new log i did tonight--->Attachment 25382
    Last edited by DoMiStIc_RuSh_06; 09-28-2010 at 07:28 PM.

Go advanced box under the post text box. Click on the paperclip icon.