Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK so the new TCC tables for the G8's...

Advanced Tuner

OK so the new TCC tables for the G8's...

Man are they different than say the normal 4L series transmission, where before we had minimum and maximum duty cycle now it seems to use a lot more variable setup.

I noticed the top is scaled as RPM's but it lookes like it is marked in tempature on those columns.

So where do we start on this, I assume the more you increase the number the more pressure and faster the TCC will lock.

Has anyone actually played with it yet?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its rpm slip, definitely not temp.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Its rpm slip, definitely not temp.
    Yep if u click RPM

it shows slip RPM error
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Advanced Tuner
    Is there some sort of link around here that explains how the TCC stuff work?

Has anyone tried messing around with these tablesd yet?

Ian
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

Quote Originally Posted by madvette08 View Post
    Has anyone tried messing around with these tablesd yet?

Ian
    I have been playing with them, but I haven't gotten to do any performance pulls due to the refrigerator being turned up around here. Normal cruising it is great.
    2023 Ford Edge ST

2020 Ford F150 King Ranch 5.0

these are the apply rate tables we added for those aftermarket TCC clutches that need an instant apply, rather than a slower ramp.
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by midevil1 View Post
    I have been playing with them, but I haven't gotten to do any performance pulls due to the refrigerator being turned up around here. Normal cruising it is great.
    I had a shot at them last night, i have the stock converter but it has made part throttle alot nicer and wot only 1-2 2-3 shifts, but they felt alot crisper to me.

Ian
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

Tuner in Training
    Just for starters, I have a 3000 triple disc Circle D converter. What values would be a good start for my converter? This is on a C6 A6.

Potential Tuner
    Anyone had any luck with these tables yet? I have a 2800 in my G8 and don't have a problem with the TCC engaging, the trouble is that every 10 secs or so it will unlock and then lock. I've tried raising the pressures but seems to just change how hard it engages. Thought about changing the rpm slip error but didn't want to take anymore chances of messing it up.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by n77nxc View Post
    Just for starters, I have a 3000 triple disc Circle D converter. What values would be a good start for my converter? This is on a C6 A6.
    On my Denali I just logged the TCC Slip & Engine Torque and just kept adding 10% to the values until the slip got down to 0-20 rpm and fine tuned from there at different Torque values, it works great.
    2020 Jeep Trackhawk, Functional Demon Ram Air Hood, AFE CAI, SW Headers, SW Cats, Solo Cat back Exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by LBSBLOWN View Post
    On my Denali I just logged the TCC Slip & Engine Torque and just kept adding 10% to the values until the slip got down to 0-20 rpm and fine tuned from there at different Torque values, it works great.
    Do you have the stock converter?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by madvette08 View Post
    Do you have the stock converter?
    Yes, still running the stock converter, but it was sliping under light throttle low speed 40 to 50mph like it was engaging and dis-engaging all the time, I would see 50 to 300 rpm slip and you could hear it and feel it (the motor revs would change up and down) now it feels solid and I never have more than 20 rpm slip when the TCC is engaged.
    2020 Jeep Trackhawk, Functional Demon Ram Air Hood, AFE CAI, SW Headers, SW Cats, Solo Cat back Exhaust.

Can you post up your tune?

Ian

i have played with this table. values from stock all the way up to 100 for the entire table. it does effect how quickly the converter locks but doesn't keep it locked. it still unlocks every 10sec or so and has to relock. at 70mph the problem goes away.

here is a screen shot at 65mph and another at 70mph. this is with that entire apply rate table at 100. i have a 3000rpm circle D tripple disk.

Advanced Tuner
    Parish, i'm sure there are people here that can help you to fix the issue, but i think it would be better if you can post your tune and a log rather than just a picture with the event. just a thought.

Advanced Tuner
    I've created a histogram to help me visualize how the apply pressure ramp works, but i need to understand how to adjust the values inside, there is Engine delivered torque on the Y axis, and TCC slip RPM on the X axis. i'd assume the values inside are TCC Line Pressure ?

I guess in this table, the TCC line pressure main objective is to slowly apply pressure to lock the TCC ? and like LBSblown has indicated in post# 11, he added more pressure in this table, in 10% increments, to minimize TCC rpm slip to 0-20rpm from whatever values they were originally.

Why GM tuned the torque converter to have so much slip at part throttle and WOT ?

And If we took as a goal to make tcc slip 0-20rpm, would this have to be accomplished
    for part throttle only ? or can it be applied to WOT as well ?

Here is an example of how the Histo would look like with a log i ran today, i guess i should also put a filter when tps > 20% to capture this data when the throttle is been applied ? or it won't matter ? do we even need to modify the line pressure when the slip rpm value is negative ?

Last edited by bluegoat06; 02-14-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    And why there is no line pressure at WOT even though the tcc seems to be applying ?

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Parish, i'm sure there are people here that can help you to fix the issue, but i think it would be better if you can post your tune and a log rather than just a picture with the event. just a thought.
    i will do that if anyone wants to look at them. so far i haven't had a request. i will try anything and go log it that might fix the issue. just tell me what to try.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    And why there is no line pressure at WOT even though the tcc seems to be applying ?

in that pic the only time your converter tried to lock is at the very end. you can see the bump up in blue in live pressure and you can see the slip is at 0. the entire rest of the run it is slipping and there is no tcc line pressure.